This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

5 Documentaries That Are Actually Entertaining

By Victoria Cremin

1) Crazy About Tiffany’s

Whether you love fashion, Audrey Hepburn, or just have expensive taste, Crazy About Tiffany’s is an incredible documentary. This movie tells the story of how Tiffany & Co. got its start and how it became the successful and iconic brand that it is today. It also mentions some of Tiffany’s most iconic jewelry pieces and the notable celebrities who made them famous. 

2) Chasing Happiness

Anyone who was a kid in the 2010s absolutely needs to watch the Jonas Brothers’ documentary. This is the ~iconic~ documentary that led to their reunion and their first album release since 2013. This movie discusses their childhood, how they became famous stars, and the struggles they dealt with as young rising stars. You also get an in-depth view of why the band broke up and how each brother lived his life during their separation. Regardless of whether you’re a die-hard Jonas Brothers fan or if you just love a good family drama, this Amazon Prime find is a must watch.

3) The September Issue

This documentary follows the most renowned woman in fashion, editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine, Anna Wintour. Viewers get to go backstage and see all the work that goes into preparing the largest and most influential annual Vogue publication. This documentary is perfect for anyone looking for a taste of fast-paced, NYC, classic 2007’s style, or catty co-worker drama. And for anyone interested, The Devil Wears Prada was based off  of the experiences of a Vogue intern, with Miranda Priestly being a representation of Anna Wintour. Fans of this fictional favorite will enjoy watching the actual drama that unfolds in the world of couture.

4) Generation Wealth

This film does not beat around the bush. It dives into the heart of American society in an attempt to discover why we care so much about money. This documentary includes commentary from a variety of people from different backgrounds and economic statuses, all with varying views on money. Attempting to discover the root of America’s fixation with wealth, the 1 hour and 46 minute film opens your eyes to how far Americans are willing to go for a little extra dough. As the film-maker begins to draw connections between our obsession with money and other societal issues, it begs the question: when is enough too much?

5) Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer

Those who enjoy getting wrapped up in a good mystery will get sucked into this five-part docuseries. The ordinary Joe sometimes can’t help but have a fascination with serial killers, and Ted Bundy is perhaps the most notorious one in history. The good news is that if you enjoy this series, there are many documentaries and films based on Bundy, including Nextflix’s film Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile starring Zac Efron and Lily Collins. Although viewers go  into the series knowing that Bundy is the killer, it’s how he pulls of the charming and charismatic persona that will really fascinate viewers.

Victoria Cremin is a Marist sophmore majoring in Accounting, as well as the Editor-in-Chief for Marist HerCampus. She loves fashion, reading, theater, cinema, and has a passion for all things Disney. Victoria dreams of working in the Hudson Valley at a business that allows her to connect with members of her community.