thought catalog IcUbKfIuQ70 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thought catalog IcUbKfIuQ70 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

5 Books To Read While Social Distancing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.
  1. Paris By The Book by Liam Callanan

Paris By The Book is the perfect missing person mystery.  The story follows Leah and her 2 daughters, set to France hoping to uncover clues as to where her husband disappeared to.  Her husband, Robert Eady, is a writer, and he left behind an unfinished secret manuscript. His writing leads Leah down a path full of startling discoveries, taking the reader through a haunting mystery.  

1. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

Norwegian Wood is an absolute masterpiece and classic.  The story follows Toru, a young college student who is trying to find himself after experiencing the horrible loss of his best friend.  This coming of age story shows the complications of self discovery and love, moving any reader to tears by the time they reach the final page.

1. The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena

This story is a quick and thrilling read that you won’t be able to put down.  It follows a young married couple who experience the worst nightmare of any young parent–their young infant disappears from her crib in the night.  With crazy twists and turns, this story is a classic “who done it.”  

1. The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda

Another mystery!  Megan Miranda is one of my favorite authors, and The Perfect Stranger did not disappoint.  This story follows Leah Stevens, a young woman struggling to find employment after career struggles.  Her old friend, Emmy Grey, offers to let her stay in her home so that she can get back on her feet. When Emmy disappears, Leah’s world as she knows it spirals out of control.  Full of mystery, twists, and suspense, this story is a must read.

1. Final Girls by Riley Sager

Final Girls is my favorite book since Gone Girl.  It’s the ultimate thriller, following Quincey Carpenter, a young woman who was the lone survivor among her friends after a devastating attack during their attack.  Being the only one who survived, Quincy became a member of a club she certainly didn’t want to belong to–the Final Girls. This club consists of 3 girls who were the lone survivors in group murders.  When Lisa, one of the Final Girls, is found dead in her bathtub under mysterious circumstances, Quincy begins to fear what might happen next. She begins to wonder what actually happened that night she survived.

Elizabeth is a senior at Marist College studying Public Relations and Advertising.  Currently serving as the Editor in Chief and CC of the Marist Chapter, she enjoys writing about entertainment, music, lifestyle, and news.