sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

20 Quotes from 20 Inspiring Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Happy Women’s Day! March 8 is recognized as International Women’s Day and it’s celebrated every year to honor the inspiring women across the globe that fought bravely to secure women’s independence and gender equality in our society. Women’s Day recognizes the voices of women who want to be heard and encourages them to realize their full potential. This day celebrates women by igniting the spirit of power and hope – two strong, yet fragile qualities all women possess. This day is dedicated to all women around the world – mothers, wives, daughters, sisters … women who have broken the barriers and became successful in every sense. March 8th is a day for women to inspire one another and to honor that here are 20 quotes by powerful women who have broken barriers, inspired others, been a voice for the voiceless, and most of all gave hope in times when the world was in desperate need of hope.

1. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” – Mother Teresa

2. “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

3.  “I knew someone had to take the first step and I made up my mind not to move.” – Rosa Parks

4. “Now is the time to understand, so that we may fear less.” – Marie Curie

5. “Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart

6. “Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.” – Indira Gandhi

7. “Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.” – Anne Frank

8. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.”  – Margaret Thatcher

9. “If one man can destroy everything, why can’t one girl change it?” – Malala Yousafzai

10. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey

11. “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.”– J.K. Rowling

12. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”– Diana, Princess of Wales

13. “Champions keep playing until they get it right. ” – Billie Jean King

14. “I avoid looking back. I prefer good memories to regrets.”– Grace Kelly

15. ” The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel

16. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.”– Katharine Hepburn

17. “[My mother] told me that fear was not an option. I was always told that women are stronger, so I believed it.”– Diane von Furstenberg

18. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”– Audrey Hepburn

19. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been open for us.” – Helen Keller

20. “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” – Unknown

Jana Brzovski is a junior at Marist College majoring Business Administration with dual concentrations in Finance and International Business and minoring in Economics and is the current President of Her Campus Marist. In her spare time, you can find Jana drinking Laughing Man coffee while Insta-stalking Kate Spade, anything Disney-related, or her favorite fashion brands. You can also find her watching Friends, the Office, Beverly Hills, 90210, or the Bachelor Franchise, eating her weight in food with family, or laughing with her friends.