The 15 Thoughts You Have While Walking to Your 8 a.m.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

1. Alright, here goes. I got up on time, I put on clothes, I have my books and I’m headed to class. Great start, I’m on a roll.

2. Should I pass these people in front of me or will I just look overzealous?  It’s not that I necessarily WANT to get to class any sooner but, really, you could pick up the pace a little… 

3. Ok, I passed them and I’m pretty sure they are still half asleep so I’m good.   

4. WHAT? Why did those people pass ME? Chill out, it’s only class. Really, students these days.  

5. Wow I’m not entirely sure what I’m wearing right now. Maybe one day I’ll make  it a goal to look good for my 8 a.m. Those people have their stuff together.  

6. You know, I wish I could pull off that outfit. I think my mom has a vintage sweater and maybe if I belt it and add some colorful stockings I could… NOPE, she’s headed for the fashion department, I am not worthy.

7. I’m about halfway there. Phew, this wasn’t too bad. I’m kind of getting leg cramps though so maybe I should just skip the gym later.  

8. Did I eat breakfast? 

9. Shoot! I forgot I had coffee in my hand. So that’s what has been spilling all  over me this whole time. Gosh, now it’s going to be cold and since I haven’t gotten a head start I don’t know if it will have the desired effect on my energy that I require for this class…Do I turn around now? 

10. Uh-oh, I know that person. Not only will they see me in this disheveled shape but I think I’m going to have to communicate. Can I do that this early in the morning?  

11. Maybe if I just keep my head down and appear preoccupied with this coffee,  50% of which has spilled all over me, they won’t notice me.  

12. This is it. They’re getting closer. Do I nod? Do I wave? 

13. SIP THE COFFEE! That’s it!!! 

14. Phew! Awkward situation #1 of the day avoided. And now I can even see Dyson!  I’ve almost made it.  

15. The doors. What do I do about the doors? Do I hold it for this fellow unfortunate soul who is just far enough away to qualify me to keep walking? Nope. I hold it. And now they break into the awkward run-walk of gratitude. I feel good. I’m a good person. AND I made it to my 8 a.m. You know what?  I CAN DO ANYTHING!

Image Credit: http://www.northwestu.edu/assets/images/admissions/blog/35jctj.jpg

Cassie Carroll is a Senior at Marist College with a dual major in English Literature and Adolescent Education and a minor in Theatre. She is a member of Marist College Club of Theatre Arts and Dance Ensemble, loves naps, Nutella, and lots of coffee.