10 Reasons You Wish You Lived in New Gartland Building A

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

1. Mainly…most importantly…perhaps most significantly…it is like a HOTEL!

2. Upon receiving their keys, residents were also given brand new student ID’s to use on the SWANKY NEW security system! No more swiping! If you press your hip against the scanner while your ID is in your pocket – BADA BING – you’re in!

3. It may have been designed by HGTV hosts. Beautiful hardwood floors and granite countertops! I wonder what Marist’s budget for house hunting was. Do you think they came across load-bearing walls?

4. Stainless steel appliances. Were you worried that there was no oven in the *adorable* kitchenettes? Don’t fret, the Microwave Convection Oven conveniently mounted in the gorgeous, dark (probably shaker style) cabinets work as a microwave and a fully functioning oven! Pizza and brownies FTW!

5. There are trash and recycling chutes located on almost every floor. You don’t have to go out to the dumpsters to throw out your trash! It’s like the laundry chute in Stuart Little! (Am I the only one who remembers that?)

6. How about the awesome first floor lounge with brand new leather furniture and tables with outlets and USB chargers in them? You might even find some of your favorite HC Marist writers having a meeting in this hidden gem!

7. In the standard four-person apartments, juniors and seniors can enjoy single bedrooms, two bathroom sinks with so much storage you won’t know what to do with, and a spacious common living room with brand new furniture.

8. Everything is brand new! I felt a little bit like Matt Damon in The Martian while exploring my new home – took a shower, first person to do that here – plugged in my computer, first person to use that outlet.

9. Many of the rooms provide picturesque views of the river. It seems that the construction of the new buildings will not obscure the clear view that many Building A residents now enjoy.

10. There are numerous single studio apartments! You can have one of these beautiful residences all to yourself! Have your own bathroom, your own kitchen, your own everything! Who thought you could have that in college?