Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Why Do Most Present Day Relationships Fall Apart So Easily?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manipal chapter.

Today, a decent number of countries in the world, support all kinds of relationships, irrespective of gender or orientation.

Every relationship, be it that of two family members, two lovers or that of a bunch of colleagues, all tend to suffer from more or less the same problems. Fights, misunderstandings, ego issues, jealousy; we all tend to face such problems.

Countless people have ended their relationships based on a fight over something trifling or because they were not able to resolve an older issue.

The basis of a meaningful relationship is the ability to communicate explicitly with your partner and be able to share how you feel. We tend to get caught up by what people around us think about our relationship and we forget to retrospect and think enough before making a decision.

Despite the emergence of the internet and various other modes of connectivity, communication between people in a relationship isn’t as clear and direct as it used to be.

A very common sight to see is how people shy away from communicating with their partner and want the easy way out, that is, ending a relationship or just waiting till the situation cools down.

Especially early on in life, teenage relationships fall apart so easily, simply because they aren’t willed enough to talk through the problems that they faced in the relationship. What we fail to realize is that in the longer run, this affects not only the current relationship but also relationships in the future.

If we choose to keep running away from our problems, we will never be able to form meaningful relationships, not just with our loved ones but also with our peers and colleagues from various walks of life.

Hence if there’s one thing that needs to be addressed, it’s how we approach our relationship problems and how we make sure we are adequately prepared, both mentally and emotionally. To be able to approach our partners/family and be able to talk to them openly without any worry and be able to deal with such situations aptly, not acting out of haste or guilt but by thinking with a clear and calm mind.

Has a keen interest in sports and technology.