This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Hey ladies! Below is a list of 10 vitamins/supplements that are proven to help us be our beautiful and healthy selves. Not all of them are necessary to take on a daily basis, but if you are currently eliminating dairy for example, you might want to try taking a calcium supplement.

B-COMPLEX

→ Essential energy: prevents the feeling of fatigue, helps start up cognitive functions & has many other beneficial benefits.

BIOTIN

→ Healthy hair & nails

CALCIUM

→Has been proven to protect us from cancer, diabetes, heart disease & osteoporosis! Keeps our hearts, bones and hearts healthy. 

IRON

→Anemia & iron deficiency is extremely common in young women, so we should all make sure we have enough iron in our bodies especially during that time of the month. I try to take a packet of liquid iron everyday by either mixing it with orange juice or into a morning shake when I feel sluggish or during a certain week.

MAGNESIUM

—> If your muscles are cramping more than usual or experiencing more frequent anxiety attacks, magnesium before bed does work if you are not getting enough in your normal diet.

OMEGA 3-FISH OIL

—> Reduces inflammation, promotes your brain and heart health. Rumor has it that when paired with regular exercise it can aid in weight loss.

PROBIOTICS

→ Heals the gut which is needed after consuming all the greasy food, sugar & alcohol that many college students indulge in!

TURMERIC

→ Can be used as an anti-inflamatory and/or antioxidant. Recently I have seen it in many beauty hacks as well…so many uses!

VITAMIN C

→ Aids in protecting your immune system, especially during cold & flu season. It can  also help with your skin,that orange juice in your mimosa shouldn’t be your only source of Vitamin C!

VITAMIN D3

→ The main source is direct exposure to sunlight & then commercial milk, which many are trying to avoid these days. D3 aids in bone, teeth, and cardiovascular development.

Dayna McGinley

Manhattan '22

Dayna is an Accounting & Marketing double major. She's an Irish girl who loves everything lilly, beachy & especially pearls!
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!