Celina Timmerman-Girl In Winter Hat
Celina Timmerman-Girl In Winter Hat
Celina Timmerman / Her Campus
Style

Winter Fashion for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Second semester is back in swing for college students. From meetings, to internships and even just getting up for class, there are so many different events to find things to wear for. The weather in the Northeast isn’t exactly flexible, though. It’s usually freezing and snowing. Additionally, you might be on a tight budget and trying to save as much money as possible when it comes to fashion. 

What you may not realize is that you probably already have a lot of fashionable items in your closet, and can make multiple pieces into different stylish outfits! In addition, various studies have shown that when you look your best, you are more likely to feel better about yourself, whether that be for a big test or big interview! Here are a few different ideas of how to look your best and dress to impress on campus this semester. 

1. For Comfortable and Chic: Sometimes, getting out of bed and putting the effort to look nice for class or a library study session can seem like a chore. It can be so tempting to want to just roll out of bed and put on sweatpants, but a cute and comfortable look can most definitely be achieved with little effort. When one thinks about comfort, leggings often come to mind. Leggings can easily be paired with a cute sweater and a scarf, a classic fall look! The right top and accessories can change an outfit from simple and plain, to chique and cute! 

2. For Classic: Layers, layers, layers! In the fall, layers are a vital part of anyone’s wardrobe. Layers can assist with the problem of fluctuating temperatures. A jean jacket is a classic essential that will never go out of style. It can be paired with a nice printed top or cute t-shirt. Another option for bottoms is a solid colored skirt. Bright, solid colors can make any outfit pop. This can also make a game day outfit go from boring, to cute and original!

3. For Professional: It’s important to dress for success, whether it be for an internship or being ready to kill an interview. Girly dresses with patterns are always a solid choice. This can be paired with a shorter sweater for a cooler day. For shoes, boots usually go with anything! Little booties can also compliment an outfit, and put a different spin on an outfit for shoes. Additionally, handbags are an essential accessory that can complement an outfit. A matching, solid handbag can be a lifesaver when running around from class to different errands.

4. For a Night Out: A little black dress is always a great look for a night out. It’s simple, sexy and classy. Wedges are also a life saver! They can go with so many different outfits, and don’t kill your feet when you want to head to the dance floor. Another great color choice is red, as it makes you stand out from the crowd. For a night out, jewelry and makeup can make your look. Sparkly eyes and red or any deep colored lipstick is always a good choice. Hoop earrings and necklaces can also be paired with dresses and skirts to put together a great look. 

So no matter what you’re doing on campus, there are so many options on how to be stylish and look great without blowing your budget!

Molly Prior

Manhattan '21

Molly Prior is a senior at Manhattan College studying communications and journalism. With a passion for women's empowerment and lifestyle, she hopes to write for a magazine such as Cosmopolitan or Women's Health.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!