Where You Should Be Eating During NYC Restaurant Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Ciara O’Leary

New York City’s biannual restaurant week is back! For about a month, restaurants in all five boroughs will curate their menus and produce prix-fixe selections for brunch, lunch, dinner, and sometimes all three. Offering two-course lunch and three-course dinner deals for $29, $39, or $59; now is the time to get dressed up and head out to dinner with the girls. As Saturdays are typically the busiest for restaurants, they are unfortunately excluded. 

The period to take advantage of these deals will run from January 18 to February 13. I’ve compiled a list of the best of the 500+ restaurants participating to save you the trouble.

Sylvia’s in Harlem

Home of “The Queen of Soul Food” since 1962, Sylvia’s is a well-known and well-loved NYC staple. Come here for their famous fried chicken, short ribs, collard greens and grits. During restaurant week, they are offering a $29 lunch and dinner. Major plus: Sylvia’s has live music on Wednesdays and Sundays. 

Fish Cheeks in NoHo

Fish Cheeks is a Thai restaurant in NoHo with a menu that offers authentic, flavor-packed dishes. They are offering $39 lunch options and $59 dinner options for restaurant week. Not to mention, Fish Cheeks also has a happy hour from noon to 3:15pm and 5-6pm each day when you can get $6 beer, $10 wine and $11 specialty cocktails. 

Iris in Midtown

Iris is a Mediterranean restaurant participating in restaurant week with lunch ($39 for two courses) and dinner ($59 for three courses) Tuesday through Friday. The upscale eatery is led by one of the world’s leading vegetable chefs. The interior of the restaurant is plain gorgeous and will definitely add to an unforgettable dining experience. 

Hearth in the East Village

Hearth is a Tuscan-American restaurant with upscale farm-to-table fare. Its seasonal menus offer the best of what’s around at the moment. Their prix-fixe $29 dinner is sure to have you glad you came. 

Chocobar Cortés in the South Bronx

Calling all chocolate lovers! Right here in the Bronx, this creative eatery incorporates chocolate into each of its meals. It has $29 lunch and $59 dinner options for restaurant week’s duration. They have everything from a chocobar salad with homemade chocolate vinaigrette, to chocolate laced pancakes, waffles, and french toast.

Tavern on the Green on the Upper West Side
The iconic dining room of Central Park is participating in this year’s restaurant week. It’s offering a three-course $39 lunch and a three-course $59 dinner, an optional wine pairing is $20. It’s right on the Upper West Side, so taking the one train to this spot is a breeze.

Ciara O'Leary

Manhattan '22

Senior at Manhattan College pursuing a communications degree with a love for traveling, photography, music, fashion, and writing.