Style

What to Wear for Your Valentine’s Day Date

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Casey Schellberg

It’s the season of love and stores are full of pink, red and heart-patterned clothes. But what exactly should you pick out to wear for that Valentine’s Day date?  Here are a few different outfits that will blow your date away this Valentine’s.

For the Casual-Cute Look: The big trend I have seen this Valentine’s Day is heart-shaped sweaters. I’ve seen the heart Target cardigan all over TikTok as well as several other ones. I personally found a beautiful Vince Caputo pink sweater with white hearts on it at Sam’s Club and can’t wait to wear it! Match it with a pair of your favorite jeans and go-to white tennis shoes for the perfect casual, but cute, Valentine’s Day look.

For the Sexy Look: We all love to feel confident and sexy, especially on a day dedicated to love. Break out a pair of black leather pants with a pink or red corset. You can throw a white button-down on top as well to give it more of a modest look and keep you warm. Another classic sexy look is the red silk dress. Pair both of these with your favorite black platform boots to keep your date crushing on you.

For the Business Look: Coming straight from work? No problem! There’s nothing I love more than rocking a pair of pink slacks in the workplace. Keep them on for your date and match them with a white turtleneck and a blazer. Pair the outfit with black platform loafers and you’ll be ready to show your date the girlboss in you.

There are so many ways to dress to impress your date this Valentine’s Day, no matter what look you are going for. I hope these outfits help answer the hardest part of preparing for a date: what am I going to wear?

Casey Schellberg

Manhattan '23

Casey is a senior at Manhattan College majoring in Childhood Education with concentrations in math and psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and exploring NYC. Casey is also a part of Manhattan’s cheerleading team and serves as an RA on campus. She is loving her home as a Jasper at MC and cannot wait to see what the upcoming years bring!