This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Ever since the Kardashian’s reality tv show first aired in 2007, they have been a global sensation. Although, many of us ask ourselves “How did they become famous?” or “What is their purpose?” We have followed them throughout years and years of entertainment. Whether this entertainment is on television, social media, magazines, or even just on news channels, the Kardashians have taught us many lessons and values whether we believe it or not. One value that they have taught us is how important family truly is. They have allowed us into their lives to see fights, marriages, births, and even extraordinary family vacations. Each of the Kardashians has taught me an important lesson to live by and I will truly bring these lessons into my own life. 

Kris Jenner 

Even at 64 years old, Kris Jenner is still thriving. Since 2007, Kris Jenner has been a manager/momager to all of her daughters. She helps her daughters with endorsements, business deals, and even their own businesses. Kris Jenner shows women of all ages that anything is possible regardless of your age. Whether it be keeping yourself hip and up to date on the latest trends, being a successful businesswoman, and even being there to support all of your kids no matter what they do. 

Kourtney Kardashian

Kourtney has taught me that even a single mom can do it all. With three kids of her own, Kourtney has taken on her mom’s supportive attitude and has raised her children as a single mother. While her rocky relationship with her former boyfriend, Scott Disick, was televised all over the nation, we were able to see both parenting styles and how they come together to care for their children while being separated parents

Kim Kardashian 

Speak your mind. Throughout all the craziness over the years, Kim has kept things interesting. Kim has taught me to speak my mind and to never listen to the haters. Kim has gone from a TV persona to stylist, to entrepreneur, to now a law student. Kim speaks her mind when it comes to politics, fashion and even a rude comment to her sisters. 

Khloe Kardashian 

“YOLO.” That’s Khloe’s famous line in the television series. Whether it be jumping off a yacht or making fun of a sister, Khloe never fails to make her audience laugh. She has shown me to put joy and laughter into everything that I do and to make sure that I make the best out of every situation, even if its the worst thing in my life. She’s taught me to find joy from the littlest of things. 

Kendall Jenner 

Kendall has taught me that self beauty is so important. Unlike the other sisters, Kendall is known for not doing any lifts or implants to her body. Kendall focuses on a more natural look in her everyday appearance. At just the age of 14, Kendall began her modeling career and loves to express how less is more. 

Kylie Jenner

Kylie has taught me to bring my passion to life. Kylie created the Kylie Cosmetics in 2015. She started to create a brand for herself by using her family’s name before even creating her company. This allowed for great publicity and sales to rocket when she came out with her cosmetic line. By bringing her passion for makeup to life, Kylie has created a billion-dollar net worth for herself and I guarantee it is still climbing high.   

Although Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s is officially over, we can take many lessons away from the stars of the show. They’s helped me in so many ways, and I hope they can help you too!

Jennifer (Jenn) Guilbeault is a Junior at Manhattan College. Jenn is a communication major with the concentration of public relations and has a minor in psychology. Jenn is also apart of the sorority on campus, Sigma Delta Tau, secretary for SoNYC, and is apart of Lotus Magazine. When Jenn is not in class or doing homework you can find her traveling, shopping, exercising, eating anything/ everything in sight, and hanging out with friends and family.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!