This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

When summer is coming to an end, I always make sure I have these items to prepare myself for the upcoming semester! Having these items always ready to go makes my life so much easier as I am preparing for the fall! 

1. Planner: I love getting a new planner before school so it’s blank and ready to use solely for school purposes. I like the one that has a full monthly calendar and day-by-day. This way I can write important dates that are coming up throughout the month and homework assignments as I get them daily. This will allow you to stay on top of assignments and events going on at school!

2. Backpack: I love to use an MZ Wallace backpack for school as it fits my computer, notebooks, planner, pencil case, and water bottle! I like to clean it out before the upcoming semester as I still usually have old semester materials in it! 

3. Laptop Case/Sleeve: I like to keep my laptop in a laptop case to make sure it’s protected in my bag. The one I use has a pocket both inside and outside. I am constantly running to Her Campus and sorority meetings and I don’t always need my whole bag. With the laptop sleeve, I’m able to stick a couple of pencils and my planner in with my computer so I’m ready for each meeting!

4. Phone pocket: At school we constantly need our IDs to get into different buildings. The phone pocket makes this super accessible as all the cards you need are on the back of your phone. I like to keep my school ID, driver’s license, and credit card in mine just in case I need a coffee before class! These are super affordable on Amazon and there are many different designs!

5. Sunglasses: I always like to have two pairs of sunglasses! I have Raybans to make sure I am getting the coverage I need from the sun. I also have a cheaper pair that I have just to throw in my bag. I have light eyes so this helps me even when it’s not summertime and I forget to bring my good sunglasses!

Micaela Beatty

Manhattan '21

Micaela is currently a Senior at Manhattan College, majoring in kinesiology. She enjoys living in New York City and spending time with friends and family.
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!