This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Autumn is a one of those seasons that make us all take a deep breath of cool air and cozy up with a good book or movie. It’s a time to pick apples, and drink cider, and it’s a time to carve pumpkins and go for hayrides. Fall is a great time to think about the past and traditions with family as well as bond with great friends. Recently, I took six beautiful Manhattan College ladies to Van Cortlandt Park on a chilly fall evening, and they shared with me their favorite fall memories.

1. Kylie Sjoblom

My favorite part of fall is going apple picking with my family.  When I was younger, me and my siblings would all get in a wagon and make my dad pull us around the entire orchard. On more than one occasion, we would flip over the wagon, which also meant that we fell on the ground along with all of the apples.  We also used to see who could eat the most apples from all of the different trees. I think that’s why the apples taste so good. Not only are they great, but they’re a reminder of all of the adventures we had picking them.

2. Jessica Risolo

When I was younger, I would drive upstate for the day with my parents, brothers and grandparents. We would go apple or pumpkin picking. Now that I’m at school, I like to wander around Riverdale as the leaves change and take pictures. 

3. Leah Cordova

I was young – as in, my-brother-and-I-wore-matching-t-shirts young – and my parents took on us on a road trip to see Stonewall Mountain. The drive was almost better than the destination. We counted (and made up) colors of leaves, played “I Spy Halloween Decorations” and I remember feeling like nothing could compare.

4. Donnie Newman

My favorite fall memory would be my family’s tradition of going pumpkin picking every year! After we found the perfect pumpkin, my sister and I would help my dad carve it and then we would even cook the pumpkin seeds.

5. Kim Pusey

My favorite fall moment is when my grandparents throw their annual Octoberfest. It’s one of my favorite memories because it’s great time for catching up and setting aside time to be with the people you love. I have to say there is never a dull moment when I’m with my family.

6. Caroline Chu

I would have to say my favorite fall memory is going on long “leaf” walks with my mother and sister and collecting a rainbow of differnet colored fall leaves. Not only was it a fabulous bonding experience with my sister and mom, but we went back to the house and decorated it with our collection of leaves. Since I’ve been in college for the past three years, I haven’t had the chance to go on one of these walks in a while and I miss it a lot.

[Title Image Via google.com]

Alex is a Junior at Manhattan College studying Marketing and Psychology. She likes good movies, good music, great friends, and long walks on the beach. Enjoy ~~~