Style

Thrift Stores in NYC you NEED to Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Ciara O’Leary

Thrifting is such a great way to shop for both your wallet and the environment. New York is chock-full of amazing thrift stores that can really spice up your wardrobe or your home. Here’s a list of some of the best places to thrift in New York City.

MyUnique Thrift 

This chain for used clothing, home goods, toys, books & electronics in partnership with local charities is a go-to right here in Riverdale. It can be a little hard to navigate at first, but go in with an open mind and in the mood to search, and you’re sure to come across some great finds; they’re constantly having sales, which is a major plus. 

Saint Francis Thrift Store

This hidden treasure is located on the upper west side of Manhattan. Their racks are organized and reasonably priced; it’s not the biggest thrift store in the city, but it’s a great place to stop by and do a little shopping.

Beacon’s Closet

Beacon’s Closet has multiple locations across the city and is truly such a good place to thrift. They have more of a curated selection than the thrift stores previously mentioned, and their prices reflect that while still maintaining reasonable. I have found such great pieces every time I go to Beacon’s Closet, this one is a must!

L Train Vintage

Every New York thrifter has probably heard of this staple, but the list wouldn’t be complete without it. L Train is a great place with tons of great clothing to look through; it isn’t hard to find pieces you’ll want to take home with you. My only complaint is that it is a pretty popular spot, so it can feel a little crowded and competitive while shopping.

Unique Boutique Donation Center and Thrift

I love this little gem on the upper west side! It’s so cute in there, a little disorganized but nothing unbearable. They have so many great pieces here with awesome prices. Definitely worth checking out!

There are so many thrift stores scattered around New York that it would be impossible to list them all. I’m sure that there are plenty more amazing places to check out. Remember to always keep an open mind while thrifting, you never know what you could come across!

Ciara O'Leary

Manhattan '22

Senior at Manhattan College pursuing a communications degree with a love for traveling, photography, music, fashion, and writing.