Career > Her20s

The *Updated* Unofficial MC Bars List 2021

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

As a new semester begins, and it feels somewhat like the oh so sweet sense of normalcy, we’re here to remind you what having fun at Manhattan College feels like. Welcome to the *updated* unofficial compilation of Manhattan’s top bars. While the bar scene may look different during the pandemic, these places still have our hearts… and our money (we have to do something for fun, right?) 

1. Fens

Do you even go Manhattan College if you’ve never been to Fens? Conveniently located right across from OV, it’s a tried and true Jasper classic that’s always packed with everyone and their mother. Get ready to feel the sweat, belt out classic 2000’s hits, drink one too many long and hards (RIP fish bowls, we miss you), and get hit on by that weird guy in your marketing class. But no fens trip is complete without spinning the wheel!

1. An Beal Bocht

Right next to OV, beal is the perfect place to kick back, relax, and enjoy a beer or two with your friends on any night of the week. And the food is great too! This cute irish pub will become your home away from home, and dare I say, the vibes are immaculate. it’s the perfect place for upperclassmen get buzzed with their friends on a casual week night . 

1. Fontenova 

In it’s prime, Fontenova was a fun time. But then COVID hit and their drinks became a little too overpriced and watered down. However, the tapas joint on 242nd St is slowly returning to how it used to be: packed with Manhattan kids fiening for their signature margarita pitchers. Drink up fast though and get ready to take a walk– the bar closes at 2 a.m. and the crowd will hike up to fens for the post-game.  

1. Tortoise & Hare 

Did someone say bottomless brunch? Located on broadway right across the street from the tortoise and hare statue at VCP (get it?) Tortoise & Hare is the best brunch place in the area. French toast that is to die for AND $20 bottomless mimosas… say less. 

1. The Last Stop 

You won’t see too many Jaspers hitting up The Last Stop on the weekends, but this place is a good go-to for casual drinks with friends. And it’s only a short walk away from Broadway Joes, so you can grab a slice on the way home. 

1. Tin Marin 

Tapas, happy hour, live music, and more, Tin Marin really has it all. Located right at the heart of Riverdale Ave, Tin Marin is the perfect place to get buzzed with your friends before the nightly festivities commence, and enjoy warm and delicious empanadas. 

1. Cocina Chente

Another great place for a margarita-filled happy hour, but don’t sleep on their food. This bright and floral Mexican style restaurant has the best chips and guac you’ll ever taste, and warm, sugary churros that are the icing on the cake. 

1. Blackstone 

Right across the street from Yo-Burger on Riverdale Ave, Blackstone is a chill place to drink with friends. It hasn’t been packed for the night crowd in a few years, but if you’re looking for classic bar food and some drinks then this place if for you. 

1. Kingsbridge Social 

This cute restaurant is tucked away next to the Riverdale Diner by the 238th St subway stop. It’s a more lowkey place, but its a great place for wood-fired pizzas and an even better place to drink. 

1. Rambling House

Rambling House hasn’t been graced by a crowd of Manhattan College Kids in a while, but we’re all hoping to go back soon. You’ll definitely need to Uber there, but the drive is worth it. The bar’s wide-open space is perfect to pack with Jaspers and makes for some great dancing room. 

Honorable Mention: Salvatores of Soho 

Sal’s ins’t a bar, nor is it located in Soho, but it definitely gets an honorable mention. Located on the corner of Riverdale Ave and 238th St, it’s the perfect place to go out to eat without actually having to go that far. Plus its BYO beer, wine, champagne… my friends and I have practically drank everything in there. And who doesn’t love some classic italian food. 

We hope you have a fun weekend enjoying some of our favorite social spots! 

As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!
Jocelyn Visnov

Manhattan '24

Jocelyn is a communication major studying journalism and advertising at Manhattan College. She's the Editor-in-Chief for The Quadrangle Newspaper and previously served as a Creative Director and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Manhattan. Jocelyn aspires to pursue a career in advertising with a special interest in creative direction and campaigns. She is a passionate writer who is always on the go, but never without an iced coffee in hand!