Taylor Swift Lyrics I’m Living By This Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Samantha Keating

As we begin a new semester I find myself nervously anticipating what’s to come. For some semester inspo I decided to turn to my spirit guide, none other then Taylor Swift. Below are 5 quotes from 5 wonderful T Swifty songs that will definitely be words I live by for the Spring semester.

1. “So, make the friendship bracelets, take the moment and taste it.”- You’re On Your Own, Kid
  • Obviously I had to include this iconic line from one of the best songs on Midnights. This line perfectly emulates the feeling of living in the moment with your best friends while you can. T Swifty has a well respected and well known girl group so it’s clear she knows the importance of holding onto moments with your friends.
  1. “It’s fine to fake it ’til you make it, ’Til you do, ’til it’s true”‘Snow on the Beach’
  • These are words to live by for sure. If we’re being truthful we all have days were we’re not feeling our most confident. Ms.Swift knows the importance on feigning confidence and not being too hard on yourself. Just because you’re not feeling like a girlboss one day doesn’t mean you aren’t one.
  1. “We are too busy dancing to get knocked off our feet. Baby, we’re the new romantics, the best people in life are free” – ‘New Romantics’
  • A personal favorite of mine for years. A great and subtle reminder to enjoy the simplicity of life with the wonderful people around you. (And how fun it is to get lost in the moment dancing with your friends).
  1. “Ladies always rise above.” – ‘Vigilante Shit’
  • Truer words have never been said. Ladies are always choosing the path of least resistance and remembering that anyone who treats you any less then what you deserve isn’t worth a reaction.
  1. “We’re happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way” – 22
  • Truly the mood for college. In times of stress it’s always important to remember that everyone else is likely feeling the same way. What’s important is that you take everything one day at a time and do your best to focus on the positives. (If Taylor can do it, so can we!)
Samantha Keating

Manhattan '24

Junior at Manhattan College studying English & 5-year elementary and special education!