This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Spring is slowly but surely coming upon us. In just a couple of weeks, it will be time to shed off those layers and frolic in the crisp spring sunshine. Shopping trends sustainably can be challenging, especially when second-hand options are lacking. Here are some trendy, sustainable items to add to your cart for the upcoming season, and some trend ideas to keep in mind.

Midi Skirts

Rene Beige Satin Long Skirt | Sleek Skirts

Midi skirts are such a staple for spring. Dress them up with a tiny heel or down with a pair of white sneakers, you cannot go wrong with a midi skirt. Pixie Market has so many adorable options. I have found this style to be super easy to shop second-hand both online and in person!

Prints

Something we saw very frequently on the runway for Spring 2021 were prints. Abstract patterns are super fashionable this year. Some specific trendy prints of the season are zebra, floral, patchwork, and so many more unique designs. Step out in a fully tessellated outfit or just a top, you will surely look and feel cool as ever.

High Rise Straight Long Jeans

Seine Cynthia High Rise Straight Long Jeans

Another must-have in your closet is the ideal pair of light wash jeans. Reformation has everything you could ask for. Sustainable, high-waisted, straight-legged perfection. You can never have too many denim jeans in your closet. 

Chunky & Colorful Jewelry

Siizu Choker 

Pearls and colorful statement jewelry pieces are going to be super popular this spring. This necklace is the perfect combination of both! Siizu has the cutest sustainable yet trendy jewelry. Chunky and bright rings have been specifically popular recently. Be sure to keep an eye out for some unique second-hand pieces as well!

Colors, Colors, Colors

Spring is going to be so full of color this year and I simply cannot wait. Blue, orange, green, pink and anything bright are the hues to keep your eyes peeled for. Styling a fun top with a simple pair of jeans is the perfect way to spice up your outfit and even lift your mood!

Ciara O'Leary

Manhattan '22

Senior at Manhattan College pursuing a communications degree with a love for traveling, photography, music, fashion, and writing.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!