This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

That time of year is approaching again: academic spooky season. While finals can be extremely stressful, they also mark how far we’ve made it in accomplishing another successful semester. Here’s a guide to surviving the most chaotic time of the year: finals week.

Time Blocking

When overwhelmed with work to do, it’s easy to shut down and not know where to start. This is where a schedule comes in hand. Plan out your day and block out times to work on studying for each class. If you know you have a break coming up you will be less likely to quit halfway through and more likely to get all your work done without becoming too stressed.

Find A Study Buddy

Friends really make everything better. Meet up with a classmate to work together on material as you’ll benefit from each other’s knowledge. A study buddy will also hold you accountable and keep you motivated throughout your studies.

Use Your Resources

Manhattan College has so many resources available to help its students so make sure to make the most out of them. Whether it be the peer tutor center or your professor’s office hours, there is always someone available to help you to better understand whatever material you are struggling with. If you are working on a final paper, make sure to visit the writing center where they can help you brainstorm, formulate, and edit your work to make sure you are putting forth an assignment you can be proud of.

Self-Care

Finals is definitely a crazy-busy time so make sure you are taking care of yourself. Talk to those around you if you are feeling stressed and make sure to find time each day to relax and breathe. It is important to take care of yourself to ensure that you are not becoming overworked and are absorbing all the material you are studying.

Finals are a stressful time for everyone, but if you make sure to follow these tips, you will definitely rock finals week!

Skylar Rossi

Manhattan '23

I am a sophomore at Manhattan College pursuing a double major in political science and communications with a business minor.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!