The Lalafloppy Black Skirt
The Lalafloppy Black Skirt
Her Campus Media
Style > Fashion

St Patrick’s Day Outfit Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Ciara O’Leary

It’s that time of year again… St. Paddy’s day is just around the corner, and I’m sure some of us have already been starting to brainstorm ideas for what to wear this year. It can sometimes be difficult to figure out what to wear. You never know what the weather will be like, you don’t want to be overdressed but you still want to look cute.

I feel like I always end up wearing something pretty basic on St. Patrick’s day. Coming from an extremely Irish family, I could always find something laying around the house that would do the job. Over the past few years, I’ve decided to stray away from the same green sweatshirt and jeans.

A cute outfit idea (weather permitting) that is always a winner is an Irish sweater, or one that looks like it. I have one from Zara that I wore last year with green corduroy pants. Pairing one with a green or white shirt under and blue jeans is so cute and simple!

Depop has so many cute sweatshirts and shirts to wear that are pretty affordable and secondhand. It is definitely a better idea to buy something that isnt new, as you probably will only be wearing it once a year if that.

This year, I really want to wear a tacky baby T-shirt or ribbed racerback tank top with rhinestones and lowrise pants. I know Y2k fashion isnt for everyone, so I won’t be offended if this is the last thing you want to wear.

Blue jeans and a green or white top can always be spiced up with a trip to party city. Green beaded necklaces and shamrock stickers are staples when it comes to this holiday.

Another idea if you are not into dressing up too much could be to go all out with makeup. Looking up tutorials on TikTok or YouTube could be a really unique way to channel your Irish side.

Realistically, St Patrick’s day is always long. You’re going to want to feel comfortable in your outfit and just focus on having fun. Try not to stress too much about an outfit and just enjoy the day!

Ciara O'Leary

Manhattan '22

Senior at Manhattan College pursuing a communications degree with a love for traveling, photography, music, fashion, and writing.