46022163345 1d738f2b72jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
46022163345 1d738f2b72jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo Pin

Songs You Need to Listen To: Valentine’s Day Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner which means it is time to get in the spirit of love! The weather is perfect for snuggling up, watching a movie, or making some dinner. Included in this article are some great songs to listen to with your significant other on Valentine’s Day.  

However, just because you may not be with a significant other does not mean there are not some great songs for you to listen to with your girl friends, or even guy friends. Even if you do have someone special, the day before Valentine’s Day, February 13, is Galentine’s Day. This is a day for you and the non-romantic people in your life. So, I also included a Galentine’s playlist. Listen to it and forget about all the people giving you heartache right now. 

Galentine’s Day Playlist: 

Love is a Battlefield – Pat Benatar

We Can’t Stop – Miley Cyrus

Complicated – Avril Lavigne

Good As Hell – Lizzo

Don’t Worry – Madcon

Work Out – Chance the Rapper

Best Life – Cardi B

Best Friend – Saweetie ft. Doja Cat

Run the World (Girls)  – Beyonce

God is a Woman – Ariana Grande

Cherry Bomb – The Runaways

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper

Wannabe – Spice Girls

Who Says – Selena Gomez

IDGAF – Dua Lipa

Plastic Doll – Lady Gaga

Love Myself – Hailee Steinfield

None of Your Business – Salt-N-Pepa

Valentine’s Day Playlist

Call Out My Name – The Weekend

Red Bottom Sky – Yung Lean

Electric – Alina Baraz

LOVE – Kendrick Lamar

Kiss Me – Sixpence None the Richer

Hungry Eyes – Eric Carmen

Electric Love – BØRNS

Be My Baby – The Ronettes

Adore You – Harry Styles

Crazy Love – Van Morrison

I’m Kissing You – Des’ree

I Melt with You – Modern English

Better Together – Jack Johnson

Somewhere Only We Know – Keane

Love Me Harder – Ariana Grande and The  Weekend

Bad Things – Machine Gun Kelly and Camilla Cabello

Adrianne Hutto

Manhattan '24

Adrianne Hutto is a Senior communication major at Manhattan College with a concentration in journalism. She loves writing about fashion, animals and food. In her free time she loves to cook, spend time with her cat, Casper, and rollerskating in Van Cortlandt Park.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!