Some Tips to Get You Through the Rest of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

So, we’ve gotten to the point of the semester where you have zero motivation to study, and all you want to do is sleep. Trust me- I’m right there with you. I have no motivation whatsoever to even get up and go to class, but we all have to power through these next few weeks.

These next few weeks are pivotal in the Spring 2019 semester. It’s the weeks leading up to finals. Professors will be giving the last tests before finals week starts, and the projects and papers are in full swing. Here are some things to be prepared for, and how you get can all your shit done:

1. EVERYTHING is coming: If I’m going to be completely honest, these next few weeks are going to suck.  You are going to be swamped with work, and you may go a little crazy. (LOL just kidding!). I mean, you may feel as if you are going crazy, but I promise, this too shall pass.

2. Budget your time: For every project, and every paper, and every test, just budget your time. The key to staying calm and relaxed is planning out blocks of time for each assignment. This will give you different times for different assignments, which will make sure you get everything done!

3. Stick to your plan: You can always budget time. Anyone can sit down and make a schedule. The most important part of it is this: You need to stick to the schedule and actually sit down to do the work when you planned to do it.

4. Remember that grades aren’t everything: Yes, grades are important. But your mental and physical health are worth so much more. If studying for a test or writing a paper is driving you crazy, take a break. Go for a walk, a run, take a power nap, or go to Locke’s with a friend. Sometimes just taking a break for 20 minutes can completely change your mindset and mood. 

5. Spend time with friends to stay destressed: Nothing is better than a night with your friends after a long week. I recommend a Girls Night Out, a movie night, or a pizza and face mask night! These nights are always relaxing, and its quality time with your friends- it’s a win-win! Personally, when I’m busy, I tend to block everyone out and just try to power through all of my assignments. These nights are always the best because when I don’t see my friends all week since I was insanely busy, I get to spend all night with them and relax. You catch up and keep in mind, summer is coming. Most of us live far away from each other, so treasure this time while you guys can!

If you take even two of these tips and implement them into your life over these next few weeks, I promise you that your life will be easier, and you will be less stressed! We can get through these next few weeks, and summer is almost here! Power through and it will all be worth it. Good Luck, Jaspers!

Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!