This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Aside from dressing up, one of the most exciting aspects of Halloween is seeing pictures on social media of celebrity costumes. With large budgets and hired designers, many A-listers go all out for this holiday. Here are some of my favorite 2021 celebrity Halloween costumes.

Kendall Jenner

Is anyone really surprised that Kendall killed it with her costume again this year? Her looks are always iconic, and this year was no exception. The model dressed as the Martian Girl from “Mars Attacks.” Not only was the outfit a perfect replica from the film, but the makeup artist completely encapsulated the vision from the original animation. We can’t forget about the hair! The blonde wig was over a foot tall and overall tied the entire look together.

Haley Bieber

Probably one of this year’s most talked-about costumes was Bieber’s interpretation of not one, but four of Britney Spears’ most popular looks. After Britney’s recent presence in the media, the costume was bound to receive praise from her audience. It was completed, however, by her photo recreations of important moments throughout Britney’s career, such as her “Hit Me Baby One More Time” music video. This costume was so spot on that I didn’t even realize it was Bieber at first glance.

Lil Nas X

As an avid Harry Potter fan, I had to express my love for Lil Nas X and his Lord Voldemort costume. Shoutout to his makeup artist for completely nailing this special effects makeup. It can’t be easy to create that character’s nose in real life! His personality shined through in his photos, and the costume was not only spot on but also gave us such amusing social media content.

Harry Styles

Of course, we have to talk about my favorite costume of the year, Harry Styles as Dorothy. Now, I may be slightly biased from seeing this outfit live at Harryween, but I think we can all agree this was an iconic look. The bow, dress, and ruby red slippers showed that Harry Styles is not afraid to express himself, which is such an important message for the youth who look up to him. The costume was completed by his band, who accompanied him as other characters from the story, such as Glinda, The Scarecrow, and the Wicked Witch of the West.

Sophie Turner, Joe Jonas, and Olivia De Jonge

This trio brought such a nostalgic film to life. Joe Jonas dressed as Paolo, while the two women were Isabella and Lizzie from “The Lizzie McGuire Movie.” This costume was a popular option this year, but they took it to a new level by incorporating Jonas as the leading man from the film. While this may not have been the most elaborate look this year, it was such a fun reminder of a scene everyone loves. 

Some other honorable mentions include Charli D’amelio and Lil Huddy as Alice and The Mad Hatter, Lizzo as Grogu, and Ariana Grande as Miss Creature from “The Black Lagoon.” Celebrities always bring something exciting to the table each Halloween. I already can’t wait to see what they come up with next year!

Mackenzie Boyce

Manhattan '24

Mackenzie is the Senior Editor for Her Campus at Manhattan, and loves being able to read and edit the chapter’s articles before they are published. Mackenzie is a senior at Manhattan College studying childhood and special education with concentrations in English and French. She is originally from Connecticut but loves having the opportunity to live in NYC for school. Mackenzie is also a member of the sorority Sigma Delta Tau on campus. She is also part of the education honors society, Kappa Delta Pi, and French honors society, Pi Delta Phi. She is also an admissions ambassador and can be spotted around campus giving tours to incoming students. She is also currently completing her student teaching this semester in fifth and first-grade classrooms at a local Bronx elementary school. Mackenzie loves having the ability to use writing as an outlet, whether that means writing about fashion, music, pop culture, or mental health. She is so thankful to have found a home with Her Campus at Manhattan and hopes anyone reading can gain knowledge or inspiration from her work.