Style > Decor

Products I Love for Desk and School Work Organization

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Having an organized desk and workspace is super important, especially while transitioning into online classes. Throughout my first semester of college, I came upon some organization products that I have come to love and appreciate greatly. Not only do they keep my desk clear and ready to tackle a full day of classes and homework, but they also keep me sane, as I try to balance my coursework with extracurriculars. On top of this, they are all super affordable and can be found in stores such as Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and online at Amazon!

Daily To-Do List

My first product is a daily to-do list book from the company Bloom Daily Planners. This super cute book has over 180 to-do lists ready to fill out. On the list there are sections for the date, important times, top priorities, to-do, and notes and ideas. There’s even health related sections, including meals, snacks and water, exercise and self-care, and what you’re grateful for today. I use this little book every day to remind me of class and meeting times, homework that’s due, upcoming tests and quizzes, and anything else I need to do for the day. It’s the perfect size to fit in your bookbag or computer case and can be bought right on Amazon (it even has prime shipping)!

File Folders

My next product is a 12 pack of file folders from Amazon. File folders can be found at any store that sells school and office supplies, however, I love the designs that come in this pack! If you are like me and like to reuse your notebooks, folders, and binders, I highly suggest purchasing some file folders. I use these to put all my notes, papers, and tests from my courses at the end of each semester. This allows me to reuse my half-filled notebooks for another course while keeping my papers from the past course together. Sometimes I even find myself emptying out my notebooks and normal 2-pocket folders throughout the semester to keep them neat if the course has a lot of paperwork. You can even label which course each folder is for on the tabs on the top! Lighten your bookbag, unstuff your folders and notebooks, and invest in some file folders to keep your coursework nice and organized. 

File Organizer

Are your school supplies scattered all over your desk? Can you never find the correct notebook for class? This letter/file organizer is a life saver. I keep mine on top of my desk to organize my notebooks and folders for each of my classes. It could also be used to store any textbooks or lab manuals. I love this organizer not only because it allows for easy access to my supplies for each class, but also because it allows me to see each notebook/folder, which is a lot easier than when they are placed in a drawer. This saves me a lot of time packing my backpack in the morning and makes my roommate less angry at me for digging through my draws at 8 a.m. I love the gold finish on this one linked below from Amazon to add a pop off color to my dorm, however you can find these organizers in many different colors and variations at most stores that carry organization supplies. 

Drawer Organizers

I use these individual drawer organizers to keep my pens, pencils, highlighters, push pins, and any other small and losable supplies neat and readily available. One thing I like about these organizers compared to others I have seen is that they are flexible! This makes filling them up and fitting them in a drawer a lot easier.

Dry-Erase Calendar

I picked up this dry-erase monthly calendar while shopping for school supplies at Target this past August and I am so glad I did. I absolutely love this calendar and how easy it is to organize my due dates on it. I really like how there is a note section on the side of it, giving extra space for reminders, or in my case, your class schedule. The corkboard on the bottom is also a great space to pin notes, pictures, and inspirations. Pick up this calendar and a pack of colorful white board markers and you are on your way to a super organized schedule. 

Planner

Even though I love my whiteboard calendar, I can’t bring it with me to class. I use a paper monthly calendar like this adorable one from Target to write down my assignments and reminders when in class, the library, student commons, or anywhere else besides my dorm room. I personally prefer to have a monthly view of my due dates than a weekly, however they are both super helpful to make sure your assignments are in on time and you are ready for that test next week!

Multipurpose Lamp

The final product I am raving about for desk and school organization is this lamp from Bed Bath and Beyond. Unlike most typical desk lamps, this one has storage slots and charging ports, allowing you to make the most out of your space. The storage slots are perfect for glasses, writing utensils, sticky notes, and anything else you may need to grab while working. The charging ports are also super helpful when you don’t have a nearby outlet or need to charge multiple devices

I hope this article inspired you to organize your desk space, and maybe even purchase some of the products I find most helpful in keeping my busy life a bit neater and more organized!

Casey Schellberg

Manhattan '23

Casey is a senior at Manhattan College majoring in Childhood Education with concentrations in math and psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and exploring NYC. Casey is also a part of Manhattan’s cheerleading team and serves as an RA on campus. She is loving her home as a Jasper at MC and cannot wait to see what the upcoming years bring!
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!