element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Perks of Living in NYC during the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

If you can believe it, December is already upon us and fortunately for us lucky MC students, we are just a hop, jump and a skip away from the Christmas wonderland that is Manhattan during the winter. So dust off your ice skates, throw on your texting gloves and prepare to experience first-hand why NYC is the best place to be during the holiday season. 

As East Coast natives, us New Yorkers are all too familiar with our seasons, especially winter and the massive snowfall that comes with it. But with snow comes sledding in Central Park, and more importantly, canceled classes. 

As we know from how frequently it’s Instagrammed, an NYC holiday season would not be complete without a visit to the mammoth of a tree that is displayed in Rockefeller Center.

Directly in front of this spectacle of a tree in all its grandeur, is The Rink at Rockefeller Center where ice skating is truly magical.

The famous, lavishly decorated windows of Bergdorf Goodman, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s, and of course Macy’s are sure to dazzle you.

And while you’re outside peering at items you’ll never be able to afford, why not head indoors, check out the clearance section and experience (overpriced) Christmas shopping in New York?

A New York winter would be incomplete without at least one out-of-body experience produced by the hot chocolate at Eataly on Fifth Avenue. 

Cocoa in hand may be the best way to experience some of Broadway’s finest shows during the holidays. If you’re feeling especially festive, The Radio City Christmas Spectacular is definitely worth seeing.

Whatever adventures you partake in this holiday season, make sure you appreciate being a part of the best city in the world during the best time of the year- it is simply incomparable.

Rachel is a lover of the oxford comma, rainy days, and anything breakfast related.