The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Believe it or not, Spring Break is right around the corner. While it feels like the year just started, two weeks from now we’ll all be in our slice of paradise getting some sun and well deserved r&r. My plans for Spring Break this year involved beach, beach, beach, beach. For most of you, that is the same plane. Whether you’re going to Mexico, Florida or staying in the City, we all need to get our tan on for a week and we need to look good while we do it. 

I’ll be spending my Spring Break two blocks from the beach for 4 days. While I do intend to spend some nights out for dinner, most of my time will be spent in the sand. Here is what I’m packing for each day of my trip. 

Day 1 I’m flying for most of the morning, which is not as much fun to dress for. However, I will be wearing a comfy pair of sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt. Once we land, we’ll drive to the Airbnb and change for lunch. I’ll be wearing this long, pink floral sundress with clog heels, similar to this, that I will likely be wearing most of the trip, and a wicker bag, similar to this– while it’s not space practical, it is on theme. 

Day 2 Is straight to the beach. So, I will change out of my pj set, which is a must for trips where you will be sharing beds and bathrooms, and into my bathing suit. I am a big fan of Frankies Bikinis, while the prices do make my bank account shiver in fear, they are high quality. So, I will be wearing this maroon, ruffled bikini set under this crochet, beach cover up with the Rainbows, my beach tote and my cooler. From someone who grew up ten minutes from the beach, bring everything you think you’ll need even if it seems excessive. That means sunscreen, tanning oil, snacks, books, beach games, a book, headphones and a speaker. It’s never too much as long as it means comfort on the beach. 

That night, we will be cooking dinner from the house, so it’s comfy Spring vibes only. I will be cooking dinner in this stretchy, green maxi skirt from Princess Polly and this white, ruffle cami top, obviously no shoes because it’s a beach vacation.

Day 3 We’re back to the beach and today I’m wearing comfy, flowy white pants– similar to these (couldn’t find the exact pair) and this black one-piece bathing suit from Aerie. While a one-piece suit won’t give you the perfect tan lines, it can be much comfier than a bikini, especially if you’re on your period. With this outfit, I’m wearing the Rainbows again and a headscarf, here is one from Free People that I like.   

After the beach, we’ll be heading out to dinner. So, after a quick shower, I’m changing into a comfy little dress, like this one, my favorite shoes in the world– my Tacovas, and a cover-up sweater in case it gets chilly. 

Day 4 Is the last full day, so time on the beach has to be maximized, but we’re also planning on doing a good bit of walking on this day. So, I’ll be wearing this beautiful, green and pink floral bikini and some cute white shorts, like these Pacsun shorts. Once again, I’ll be wearing the same shoes with my tote bag and cooler. 
For the last night of the trip, we will be cooking at home once again. I will be wearing a comfy crochet set, similar to this one from Nasty Gal. A very simple last day outfit but perfect for relaxing and eating dinner on the porch.

Adrianne Hutto

Manhattan '24

Adrianne Hutto is a Senior communication major at Manhattan College with a concentration in journalism. She loves writing about fashion, animals and food. In her free time she loves to cook, spend time with her cat, Casper, and rollerskating in Van Cortlandt Park.