This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Olivia Rodrigo announced her 2022 world tour in support of her debut album, Sour. The tour will begin in San Francisco on April 2nd.

The Sour Tour will make stops in 40 major cities in the US and Europe. Tickets go on sale on December 10th, with a verified fan pre-sale open through December 7th.

The tour features major supporting acts, including Gracie Abrams, Holly Humberstone, and Baby Queen.

Sour is nominated for seven Grammy awards in 2022, including Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Best New Artist, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album, and Best Music Video, making her the second-youngest artist in Grammy history to score nominations in each of the “Big Four” categories in the same year. 

There is no denying the star power that Rodrigo embraces. From the release of her debut single, Drivers License, which went insanely viral at the beginning of the year, Olivia was set to become a huge star. The tour is sure to bring in many fans across the globe.

The supporting acts of the tour are major up-and-coming artists as well. Gracie Abrams, who released her first album last month, is a friend of Rodrigo’s and a fellow swiftie with a similar sound to Olivia’s. 

British musician Holly Humberstone is a fantastic artist whose music will have you listening on repeat. Her latest EP was released in November and features bops such as Scarlett and The Walls Are Way Too Thin. No song on Humberstone’s discography would be considered a skip.

Baby Queen is a London-based singer-songwriter who will be taking on the last leg of the tour. During the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020, she signed a record deal with Polydor Records over Zoom. Her first EP, Medicine, was released in November of 2020.

The tour is a big deal for Olivia as it is her first. The extent of the stint is exceptionally bigger than most artists’ first series of concerts. I’m so excited to see how she brings this album to life and I have a feeling, it’s going to be nothing short of phenomenal.

Ciara O'Leary

Manhattan '22

Senior at Manhattan College pursuing a communications degree with a love for traveling, photography, music, fashion, and writing.