This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

With finals week coming up faster than I am positive any of us were prepared for, you may find yourself losing quite a bit of sleep the next few days. Get ready for packed nights at club lib, 3 AM Best Deli and Dunkin runs, and oh right, probably minimal sleep. Campus starts to look like an episode of “The Walking Dead” with students walking around looking like zombies coming back from the dead. But don’t fear! I have a few ways you can stick out from the crowd and look like you didn’t sit in the library procrastinating for hours before you actually started your work, leaving you with an hour of sleep (if you’re lucky).

1.      Brush Your Teeth and Wash Your Face!

Okay, so this may seem like something simple and obvious, but after staying up all night you might forget to stop back in your room before that test and freshen up. This is so important because the cold water will wake you up and everyone can appreciate nice breath (even if you’re dying on the inside, it doesn’t need to smell like it!).

2.      Wear Jeans!

I know this is the last thing you want to do, BUT you’ll be much more likely to fall asleep during that final if you’re wearing your pajamas! You don’t have to look like you’re going on a fancy night out, but a cute pair of jeans with a nice coat and scarf will fool everyone that you actually have your life together! (Bonus points if you plan your outfit the night before!)

3.      Make Time for Breakfast!

Cliché I know, but this really is the most important meal of the day! Getting some extra energy from having a healthy breakfast will give you a little boost and will make sure you aren’t just day dreaming about food during your finals. 

4.      Simple Makeup!

Makeup isn’t everyone’s thing, but if it’s yours, going without makeup may put a damper on your day, but even a little bit of mascara can turn that around! You most likely won’t have time for a full face of makeup (nor will you really want it) but putting a quick coat of mascara and dabbing some concealer on your dark circles under your eyes can be the trick to making you look nice and well rested! Check out this video for a really simple 5 minute makeup look that anyone can pull off: https://youtu.be/SwAKWmIJ3Os

That’s it! Easy right? Now get through all your finals and sleepless nights and still look your best. Good luck on finals everyone!!

Senior Public Relations major at Manhattan College. Makeup enthusiast and Netflix junkie.