Life > Experiences

No Matter the Distance, True Friends Will Always Be True Friends.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

You’ve been best friends for a year or two, they’ve always been there for you. From endless movie and wine nights, to grabbing pizza together,  tackling internship applications and finals, they were by your side. She really did become your soul sister; nothing could separate you. But then the unthinkable happens: you learn that one of your best friends is leaving school or transferring.

This year, I was someone that had to unfortunately experience this. I was in shock and didn’t know how to react. I cried, a lot. It was so sudden and completely unexpected. If you’re anything like me, you may probably have a similar reaction. It’s ok to feel that way. You wonder how in the world you’re going to get through the rest of college without “your person.” All of the plans you made suddenly get thrown out the window. You know that a little piece of your squad will always be missing.

Maybe it’s financial reasons, maybe it just isn’t the right college for them, or maybe it’s something else. Either way, know that your friend has a reason for what she’s doing, and as her friend, the best thing you can do is support her. And thanks to technology, you can still keep in touch. You can plan visits and still go on great adventures together, and not seeing them every single day might just make that time and those memories more special. Because with true friendships, it’s never really goodbye, only see you later.

Molly Prior

Manhattan '21

Molly Prior is a senior at Manhattan College studying communications and journalism. With a passion for women's empowerment and lifestyle, she hopes to write for a magazine such as Cosmopolitan or Women's Health.