This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Casey Schellberg

Being a cheerleader, finding quality makeup for a good price was always my goal when it came to beauty supply shopping. Having to wear a face full of makeup for games and competitions several times a week and make sure it stays on with sweat was a must. I was looking at well-known name brand items at Sephora and Ulta, but could never get myself to buy $30 foundations and $60 eyeshadow palettes. So, I decided to try out the makeup products at my local drug store, and I never looked back. Here are my go-to makeup products that I swear by that are budget friendly and can be found at your local Target, CVS, RiteAid, or any other drug store. 

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer (~$15)

I was gifted this bronzer my freshman year and have fallen in love! While it is still a little pricey at $15, a little goes a long way. Its creamy formula and great smell have become a staple in my makeup routine to add some color to my look.

Maybelline FIT Me Finishing Powder (~$7)

Everyone needs a good finishing powder to set concealer and this one is by far my favorite. Not only does it get the job done, but it also lasts long! I’ve had mine for over a year now and there is still plenty of product left. It is easy to apply and looks amazing all at a great price!

Maybelline FIT Me Concealer (~$6)

To go along with the finishing powder, I use Maybelline’s same FIT Me line concealer. It has great coverage and has a good range of shades to choose from! At $6 a container, you can’t go wrong!

Maybelline Baby Skin Primer (~$6)

By now, you may notice that most of these products are Maybelline (oops!). But seriously, I LOVE their baby skin primer! My skin gets really dry in a lot of spots on my face and this primer helps make applying face makeup super easy on those spots. I’ll never apply makeup before I apply this primer ever again!

Maybelline Dream BB Cream (~$9)

If you have not tried this BB cream yet, stop reading this article and order it right now. The light feel it provides while still fully covering my face is unmatchable. I will never go back to wearing foundation after trying it! Their shade range is not the greatest, but on the paler end, I use their 110 light/medium and it gives me a slightly tanner look.

Maybelline Brow Fast Sculpt (~$9) 

While I have never tried this exact brow mascara before (the one I use is discontinued), if it’s anything like their others, it is definitely worth it! I have tried eyebrow pencils and liners, but Maybelline’s brow mascara is by far the easiest to apply and gives you the most natural look. Plus, it is only $9!

Real Techniques Beauty Blender (~$6)

Finding a good beauty blender is key to the perfect makeup routine. But, who wants to spend $20 on one blender? After years of looking, the Real Techniques blender has become my go-to. It is shaped perfectly for foundation, concealer and contouring all for $6! You can even find it cheaper in multi-packs and can get a travel container for it!

You shouldn’t have to break the bank to look and feel good about your makeup routine! These, and many more, drugstore makeup products are just as good, if not better, than the big name brands. Trust me, I wear them almost every day!

Casey Schellberg

Manhattan '23

Casey is a senior at Manhattan College majoring in Childhood Education with concentrations in math and psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and exploring NYC. Casey is also a part of Manhattan’s cheerleading team and serves as an RA on campus. She is loving her home as a Jasper at MC and cannot wait to see what the upcoming years bring!