This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

If you’ve had a jam-packed week and need some straight up motivation, you came to the right place! Here are 4 tricks to help motivate yourself and get everything done. 

1. Get Up and Move Around

You’re about to knock out and the words are starting to dance off the screen. You need to get up, stretch, walk around, or even dance. You will not be procrastinating if you take a short break. Go grab a coffee or take a lap. An interruption like this will help you reset and focus on the work that you have to do. 

2. Write It on Your Calendar

Personally, this always works for me. The second I get a task assigned to me, I put it on my calendar in my planner. And then the two calendars in my room and then in my notebook where I create a priority list. Do not put tasks on your calendar and then not check it. If you’re more of a digital kind of girl, use it. Find a system that works for you and that you can rely on to stay organized. 

3. Set a Tighter Deadline for Yourself 

When you get an assignment that is due Friday, tell yourself it’s due Thursday. Impress yourself by getting it done “early.” Don’t make unreasonable deadlines for yourself, and then end up not doing it or turning it in late. 

4. Set Goals

Create a daily task list of the things that you need to do. Your goal should be to accomplish your task list. If you are tired and haven’t finished what you are working on, look at your task list and either power through and finish or at least get to a stopping point. There is nothing more annoying than trying to pick up on something that you were supposed to finish today and have to work on it the next day. It just adds to the list. 

Now, here is some tough love to give you motivation to do something right now. Don’t just absorb this information and continue sitting around procrastinating. Take action! Stop complaining about how tired you are. This is something that I am guilty of but the world does not care. Stop feeling sorry for yourself while you’re at it.  We all face obstacles. How you deal with those obstacles defines who you are and determines how successful you are in life. This is the secret to life, so let me say that again.

We all face obstacles. How you deal with those obstacles defines who you are and determines how successful you are in life.

Here is a quote to refer to when you need to feel motivated: 

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. – Steve Jobs