This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

We Jaspers have been anxiously waiting to get back onto campus since March. Now that we are here, there is a lot of stress and uncertainty around in-person classes. There is a lot to adjust to with the “new normal,” and I am here to tell you how to navigate taking in-person classes during these new and unusual times. 

Whether your classes are all in-person or part of the hybrid model, there are a lot of rules and regulations to take in to make sure you are keeping yourself and your classmates safe and healthy. 

When attending in-person classes, make sure you are wearing a face mask and have it covering both your mouth and nose. Face masks are required all around campus and extras can be found at several locations around campus such as the library and main entrances of academic buildings. This is the number one way to keep not only yourself safe from COVID-19, but also others in the classroom. 

Once you arrive at your scheduled class location, locate the wipe dispenser hung on one of the walls. The college has provided each classroom with sanitizing wipes to be used by the students to clean their desk and chair before sitting. Not everyone opts to use one, but it is an extra way to be cautious in a shared location. 

To keep students socially distanced in the classroom, the college has also labeled which desks and chairs must remain vacant during in-person classes. Always double check before wiping or sitting down at a desk that it is one of the desks that may be used. 

Finally, if you have an in-person class and feel uncomfortable coming into the classroom at any point during the semester, reach out to your professor. All in-person classes have an online option for remote students, and many professors are understanding if you ever need to go remote for a few days or even the rest of the semester. 

Adjusting to the new normal is not easy, especially with all the new rules to follow on campus. Never forget that Manhattan College has a wonderful community of professors and students willing to help you along the way, now more than ever.

Casey Schellberg

Manhattan '23

Casey is a senior at Manhattan College majoring in Childhood Education with concentrations in math and psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and exploring NYC. Casey is also a part of Manhattan’s cheerleading team and serves as an RA on campus. She is loving her home as a Jasper at MC and cannot wait to see what the upcoming years bring!
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!