This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Kerry Sullivan

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. I know, wasn’t Christmas yesterday? But, whether you’re spending your Valentine’s Day with that special someone, or you’re celebrating the single life with your gal pals, these dates are perfect to spend with those you love. 

A Night Out on the Town

Now this one may seem obvious, but there truly is nothing better than a classic date night dinner. Getting all dressed up for a night on the town, especially with someone you love, can be the perfect date. I recommend trying somewhere new, but you can go to your favorite restaurant if that’s more your vibe. Dress up, stay out late, and enjoy the time with your partner. There are hundreds of restaurants that have special Valentine’s Day deals, or you can just make a reservation. But make sure you do it soon, or all the spots will be gone!

Explore a Museum

New York City is known for its museums, so why not make it a fun and romantic date? If you’re looking for something classic, try the MET or the MoMA and spend a couple of hours wandering around looking at timeless pieces and modern art. If you want to try something more adventurous, I suggest an interactive exhibit like SPYSCAPE, where you and your partner can find out what type of spy you would be based on a series of tests. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, head over to the Museum of Sex and explore the exhibits there. Either way, there’s something for everyone!

The Stay-At-Home Date

If you and your partner (or friends) are more of the “stay indoors” type, there can be nothing better than ordering some New York pizza or whatever else tickles your fancy, and watching a rom-com together. Many fast-food chains are also doing Valentine’s Day specials, like Pizza Hut, which is doing heart-shaped pizzas to celebrate the special day. To add some excitement, I suggest playing a board game or building a Lego set that means something to you. 

See a Broadway Show

Valentine’s Day falls right in the middle of Broadway Week. During this period of time, many of the major Broadway shows are offering two-for-one tickets. So why not snatch up some cheaper tickets and see a major Broadway show with your beau? Broadway is such a classic way to spend the night, but the cost can be crippling. Taking advantage of deals like this, especially over Valentine’s Day, means that you can experience the glamor of Broadway with people you love.

No matter who you’re with this Valentine’s Day, make sure that you spend it with good people, good food, and good times! And if you still have no plans, maybe send this list to your significant other to jog their memory.

Kerry Sullivan

Manhattan '24

Kerry is a senior Communication Major with a concentration in Media Production and double minors in Film Studies and Women and Gender Studies at Manhattan College. She is from Buffalo, NY and is on Manhattan College's Rowing Team.