This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Trends, as well all know, go in and out way too quickly. As we are beginning to transition from our summer wardrobes into our early fall pieces, you might be a little stumped on what to wear to ‘keep up’ with what everyone else might be wearing. This fall, I think we can expect to see a lot of new and old trends resurfacing. 

I, for one, am a huge fan of fall fashion, and maybe some of my predicted trends will excite you if you’re a little uneasy about the transition! Here are some of the trends I am predicting for this fall.

Red

When I think of Fall, I tend to lean towards neutrals. But, in my opinion, red will be the color of the season. We saw shade after shade of red during Fashion Week, which leads me to think that red will be a statement color this year. Those maroons and dark reds will always be a vital part of fall fashion, but I think we can expect to see even brighter cherry-red shades this season. 

Off the Shoulder & High Neck Tops

From sweaters to comfy pieces, I love a good off the shoulder moment. I also love a nice flattering boat neck or high neck style. I think both are extremely classy and will be go-to outfit essentials this fall for that sexy going-out moment or that simple dinner look.

Vest Tops

Blazer tops have always seemed to be a staple for fall, but I am predicting more and more of the chic, tighter vest top style this season. Paired with a little lace bra, they are the sexiest and classiest transition piece for a fun and trendy outfit. 

Loafers

Another fall classic is the loafer. I never seemed to find a pair that suited me, but they are once again resurfacing all over my Pinterest. I am very excited to see how they are styled this season. 

Lace

I am a huge fan of lace. It has seemed to come back into style in the forms of daintier tops and skirts, and now even in flared pant styles. I think we can definitely expect to see more neutral lace pieces paired with simple outfit bases. 

Silver & Chrome

I’ve noticed lately how silver and chrome have been more incorporated into many new releases by popular brands. Gold jewelry, accessories, hardware, and bags seem to have taken over for the past year or so. I predict that silver and chrome pieces, such as a cute shoulder bag, will be making more appearances on our Instagram feeds this season.

Caroline is a junior Communication major, with a concentration in Public Relations and a double minor in Psychology and Sociology. She is also a member of the Sigma Delta Tau sorority. She tends to lean more towards articles about fashion, as it is a passion of hers.