This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Living in New York City means having access to food from all over the world, from all types of Asian cuisine to freshly made pasta and sauce. I have compiled a list of the spots I hit when I want a good meal that will definitely not disappoint. The restaurants vary in classic comfort foods to spots to explore if you are feeling adventurous. 

1. Totto Ramen Hell’s Kitchen 

Everyone loves a pipping hot bowl of ramen, especially with winter coming around the corner. Located only a few blocks away from Columbus Circle, Totto Ramen is the perfect place to hide from the cold and get in a hearty bowl of ramen after Black Friday shopping or splurging on Christmas present shopping. Totto’s has a little bit of something for everyone, from fried chicken and gyoza to veggie ramen and spicy ramen for those who can handle the heat. 

1. Bossino

Bossino is the perfect date night restaurant with its intimate seating and warmth coming straight from the brick oven. The menu features Northern Italian classics and an extensive selection of pizzas that will make you want to come back to try each one. The dish that you must get is the Parmigiana Di Melanzane- if you love eggplant this dish will change your life, and if you hate eggplant this will convert you with one bite. 

1. Xi’an’s Famous Foods

This restaurant is much more relaxed and informal than the rest of the ones on this list, but their minimal decor has no relation to the powerful flavors that Xi’an’s Famous Foods is cooking up. They are best known for their hand-ripped noodles, but their dumplings are to die for. For all the spice lovers, their Spicy and Tingly Beef noodles made with Sichuan peppercorns are a must-try. 

1. KazuNori: The Original Hand Roll Bar

Are you craving sushi but are bored of your regular spicy tuna and California roll order- try out a hand roll at KazuNori. At this restaurant you will swap out chopsticks for just your hand. Their menus includes the classics like salmon, tuna, and yellowtail. Stop by if you are in the mood for something new and a simple, quick bite. 

1. Boqueria 

If you are looking for a spot to eat before going out for a night in the city, Boqueria is the place for you. With a wide variety of Spanish tapas and platos fuertes like paella or a whole roasted chicken, Boqueria has a little bit of everything for everyone. Additionally, if you are a charcuterie board lover, there are three different types of selections for the whole table to pick from. If you are looking for a new brunch location, Boqueria also offers their regular tapas (you must get the croquetas!) with a brunch menu from 12-3. With four different locations, you can make it your mission to visit each one. 

1. ER Hot Pot

Tucked away in the middle of 36th Street, only a couple blocks away from Bryant Park, is ER Hot Pot. This is hot pot like you have never seen before, with authentic Chinese hot pot soup bases, protein, and veggie options. The unique decor and atmosphere immediately transport you to a futuristic food bazaar that feels like a scene out of Blade Runner. This hot pot spot is a bit better suited for adventurous eaters who enjoy going out of their comfort zone, but even the pickiest eaters could find something they would like.

1.  Pio Pio 6  

Located on the corner of 96th and Amsterdam, Pio Pio 6 is cooking up Peruvian dishes all day. They have three different kinds of ceviche if you are craving something fresh and light, but they also have Peruvian classics like Lomo saltado, Arroz Chaufa, and Jalea if you want a more substantial meal. Pio Pio 6 is a restaurant you can bring family or friends to and will not leave disappointed no matter what you order. 

Helen Velazquez

Manhattan '24

Hi! My name is Helen and I am a 4th-year Biology Major. I love iced dirty chai lattes, binge-watching reality tv, and cooking with my sister in my free time.