This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Casey Schellberg

Craving sweets? Lucky for you, NYC has a bakery on almost every street! From loaves of bread to cheesecakes to crazy cupcakes, you can find anything to satisfy that sweet tooth. Here is a list of some of the bakeries in NYC that I believe are a must try.

Magnolia Bakery

Magnolia is one of the most heard of bakeries in NYC. Their world famous banana pudding is a must try, as well as their beautifully decorated cupcakes. Of course they sell several other sweet desserts as well for pick up, delivery, or shipping! With 8 different locations in NYC, you’ll want to make a stop at the closest Magnolia on your next city trip.

Levain Bakery

Cookies anyone? Levain has been honored with the title of “New York City’s Most Famous Cookies,” and trust me, it’s true. Whether you stop in for a single cookie, need a box of cookies for a gift, or want to try an assortment of flavors with a friend, Levain has it all. Check them out at one of their 6 locations in the city.

Orwashers Bakery

If sweets are not your thing and you are looking for more artisan baked goods, Orwashers is the place for you. Their menu includes several different types of bread loaves including rye and ciabatta as well as burger buns and morning pastries. They have 3 locations in NYC that you should check out on your morning commute or the next dinner party!

Supermoon

With a new menu every week, Supermoon will keep you on your toes with the different delicious items to choose from every time. Located on Rivington Street; this is a must try bakery. Some of their menu items for this week include a hibiscus and lime eclair, a hazelnut brown butter chocolate cookie and a Ferrero Rocher cruffin. 

Next time you are in the city and need to satisfy a craving, make sure to stop by one, or all, of these bakeries!

Casey Schellberg

Manhattan '23

Casey is a senior at Manhattan College majoring in Childhood Education with concentrations in math and psychology. In her spare time, she enjoys hanging out with friends, shopping, and exploring NYC. Casey is also a part of Manhattan’s cheerleading team and serves as an RA on campus. She is loving her home as a Jasper at MC and cannot wait to see what the upcoming years bring!