This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Meet this weeks campus celeb Samantha Meril or “Sammi” as most people call her. Sammi is a tour guide here at Manhattan College and most importantly a friend to everyone. If you haven’t had the chance to meet Sammi yet, you’re missing out, she can make your day that much better. She is fun loving and extremely caring, which explains why she is considered a “Mom” figure to all her friends. Below I asked Sammi some questions to let you get a better feel for who she really is. 

Name: Samantha (Sammi) Meril 

Home Town: Allendale, NJ 

Major/Minor: Communications major (Journalism) Psychology minor 

Favorite Color: Light blue 

Fun Fact: I have the cutest dog in the entire world, a 5 pound Yorkie named Boo who is the love of my life. 

Most Influential Person: My mom is absolutely the most influential person in my life, she has raised my brother and I on her own and if I do say so myself I think she has done an amazing job. She is so hardworking and never gives up on something she believes in which is what I admire most about her. 

Favorite Quote: “Stop allowing other people to dilute or poison your day with their words or opinions. Stand strong in the truth of your beauty and journey through your day without the attachment to the validation of others. -Dr. Steve Maraboli

Favorite Food: Unfortunately I am addicted to pizza 

Guilty Pleasure: For sure Netflix, that sounds typical but I seriously watch it all the time…at the gym, between classes and before bed. My favorite show i’ve ever watched on Netflix was Friday Night Lights but I don’t discriminate, I get into what series I’m watching at the time. 

Ideal Date Night: This is a tough one, but probably going to a Yankee game. My family has seats in the Legends Suite so theres an amazing dinner buffet before the game and unlimited snacks throughout so… food+my favorite team+my boyfriend= happy girl. 

Brittany Rose Brennan Fairfield, CT Manhattan College 2016