This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

You may see him rushing to a Quad meeting, leading his intramural team to victory, hosting a program in Horan Hall, or furiously annotating Modernist literature in O’Malley library. Kieran Rock, a senior English major and film studies minor, seems to do it all on campus. He is a Resident Assistant, Writing Center consultant, Features Editor of the Quadrangle, Editor-in-chief of  Manhattan Magazine and vice president of the college’s English honor society. Despite his hectic schedule Kieran agreed to share some more about himself as this week’s campus profile! 

Fast Facts

Hometown: Albany, NY 

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Food: Blue

Favorite Song: Come on Eileen

Favorite Book: To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf

What are your plans for after you graduate in May? 

After I graduate I am going to attend grad school for English with the ultimate goal being to get PhD and become a writer and professor of literature.

Your time at MC is coming to an end, what is your favorite thing about your time here? 

My favorite thing about MC is the people. Of course I mean my friends who are amazing but being involved in a lot of clubs has opened me up to meeting a ton of new people in the last 4 years and we have some very smart, passionate people at this school.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

The thing I am most looking forward to in my senior year is just having a ton of fun and making a bunch of memories. I am friends with a lot of people who graduated last year and the year before and they’ve basically all said to just really enjoy the time I have left, and that’s what I want to do.

Since you’ve sort of done it all, do you have any advice for new students? 

Advice for new freshman: I think you can’t do everything but that doesn’t mean you can’t try a bunch of things. Don’t set boundaries, just because you met certain people first doesn’t mean your best friend at this school isn’t still out there. Join every club for a day and when you find the ones you love work really hard at them. Also if you don’t love your major you’re doing something wrong. It should be challenging and stress you out sometimes, but ultimately you should love what you’re learning.

Thanks so much for taking the time to talk to Her Campus, Kieran! 

Writer. Feminist. Lover of iced coffee, dogs and all things cheetah print.