Meet the Cutest RA on Campus, Patrick Rice!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

What’s not to love about Patrick Rice? He’s tall, Irish and handsome, he’s great with kids (especially his adorable niece) and is one of the funniest and smartest guys that I’ve had the pleasure to know! This third generation Jasper is what every guy on campus should aspire to be. Patrick is a senior Civil Engineering major, but sorry ladies, he’s taken!

Why did you choose Manhattan College?: “Well, my brother went here, my dad went here, my grandfather went here and a lot of my cousins went here. Also tech civil engineering department is awesome, and the networking and internship opportunities are great. It’s a great place.”

What has been your favorite memory or moment at Manhattan College so far?: “That’s a tough one. I’ve had so many. Meeting Abby for the first time! Dont actually write that…This is hard. I don’t want to do this anymore. Actually no, It’s probably every year, coming back to school and seeing my friends again and having dinner together.”

What are you looking forward to this year?: “Getting an internship and getting a job.”

If you could give one piece of advice to a freshman what would it be?: “Don’t pretend to be someone that you’re not. Come in and be yourself and try to meet a bunch of different people, joing clubs and just try new things.”

Desrcribe your perfect date: “Go for a walk down by battery park and go to a nice restaurant for dinner.” 

Describe your ideal girl: “My girlfriend.”

What’s a totally random, unique fact about yourself: “Whats better? That I play the bagpipes or that I have a wonderful, beautiful niece?”

What show are you watching on Netflix right now?: “True detective.” 

Abby Welte

Manhattan

Manhattan College student majoring in Communication and an Intern for the New Jersey Devils. I'm not legally allowed to play board games in at least 9 states, enjoy long walks on a short pier, trying anything with frosting on it and yelling at my TV when hockey is on.