This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Name: Anthony Ricci

Major: Civil Engineering

Year: Freshman

Relationship Status: It’s complicated

Instagram: @anthony_ricci

Where are you from?

I’m from a Rockland County, just north of New York City.

Any hobbies?

My hobbies consist of volunteering at my local firehouse and watching Dexter and Rescue Me.

Why did you choose Manhattan College?

I chose Manhattan College because they have a great engineering program and it’s an all around great school. There are so many things to do around here and having NYC in the palms of your hands is definitely a nice thing to take advantage of on the weekends. 

What is your favorite part about the school?

My favorite part of the school is all the stairs. These stairs truly hold a special place in my heart. I truly wouldn’t be able to live with out them. 

Where can we usually find you on campus?

People can definitely find me in Locke’s in the Tex Mex line for hours at a time. I also spend minimal time in the library because that place really makes me self-conscious. I always seem to wonder off into space while all of the other engineering students shoot out four reports in two hours. It usually takes me a solid two days.

What’s your favorite place to eat off-campus?

My favorite place to eat off campus would be Broadway Joe’s. that place is THE BEST pizza place in the Bronx. The stuffed chicken slice is to die for and it is also a lot of fun getting harassed to get into a creepy gypsy cab right as I walk out.

What is your dream job?

My dream job would be to serve in a branch of the military for a couple of years and then to take a job with the NYPD or the FDNY. In my eyes, there’s no better job than a job that helps others.

If you could give one piece of advice to kids still in high school, what would it be?

My advice to children in high school would be to enjoy it while it lasts. Senior year, prom, and after-prom parties are the most fun times of your life and I definitely took advantage of it. If I could go back, I would do so and really take all of the memories and free time in because college work is absolutely horrible.

What’s your ideal date?

My ideal date is probably going out to eat, to the movies or just hanging out and talking. I can talk for hours when I feel comfortable around someone.

What’s something interesting about you most people don’t know?

Something interesting most people don’t know is that I am on like a 5th grade reading level. I can derive almost any equation but it takes me five minutes to read one page in a book.

What do you look for in someone?

I look for someone who is down to earth and funny. I know looks are important but personality definitely takes the crown. 

RikkiLynn is a New Jersey native who currently attends Manhattan College where she is majoring in Communications and English. She enjoys writing about all things pertaining to health, life, love, style, sex, and words. When she’s not writing, she enjoys drinking coffee, filmmaking, painting, photography, reading, running, traveling, and doing yoga. Stalk her at rikkilynn.com.