This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Being a college student means studying is an essential thing that every student has to do, or at least should be doing. Sometimes finding the perfect place to study can be hard, but finding a good place to study can help you focus, learn, and retain your information better. Every student is different in what setting is perfect for them to study in, so here are five good places at Manhattan to study whether you like your surroundings quiet, loud, or in between. 

Library Study Rooms: If you are someone like me, I need to read the information outloud to myself, and that may be bothersome to others. The study room gives you privacy and it’s a quiet place if you need to study in peace.  

Kelly Commons: Kelly Commons is the perfect place to study if you don’t mind noise while you are studying. They have comfy couches and chairs that are perfect to relax in and get your work down. Plus, if you get hungry there’s many different food options and also a Starbucks if you need to re-energize. 

Cafe 1853: If you are someone who can’t study when it’s dead silent, Cafe 1853 is the perfect place for you. It’s a perfect mix between the library and Kelly Commons. It’s not too loud or too quiet. Plus, if you ever get hungry or need a little coffee pick me, it’s the perfect place for you. 

The Quad: Sitting outside on a beautiful day is a great way to get some studying done. Being outside in a natural setting can help improve your mood. Just put down a blanket on the grass and get to work.  

An Empty Classroom: This may sound strange, but studying your notes in an empty classroom is beneficial. It is proven that if you study your notes in the setting where you are going to be taking the exam, it will help retain and remember the information better. 

Christina Trichilo is a transfer student at Manhattan College. She is a third year student majoring in psychology, and minoring in women and gender studies. She enjoys reading poetry, a good cup of coffee, and listening to Beyoncé's I Am... Sasha Fierce album.
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!