Lilly for Target Coming Soon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

On January 6, 2015, editors came together for the surprise announcement of Target’s next collaboration and must-have design partner, Lilly Pulitzer! Lilly for Target is resort chic at its finest and will leave you longing for the warmth of summer days ahead. The limited-edition collection features fifteen exclusive prints, which are original works of art, created by Lilly Pulitzer artists specifically for this collaboration. The line will be available exclusively at all Target stores in the United States and Canada and on Target.com beginning April 19. The two hundred fifty piece collection includes apparel, accessories and shoes for women and girls, as well as home accents, outdoor entertaining accessories, beach gear, travel essentials and more.

I was able to attend the Lilly Pulitzer for Target Pop-Up Shop in Bryant Park Thursday, April 16. Bryant Park was crowded with Lilly lovers that were dressed in their favorite Lilly designs. The water in the fountain in the park was pink for the event. A tent with dapper waiters served mimosas. The print designers for Lilly painted large paintings, which will all be donated to St. Jude Research Hospital for Children. I fell in love with every pattern design. At the other end of the park, other Lilly designers painted the designs onto attendee’s nails. There were Lilly ping pong tables available to play a game. Chairs and hammocks with big pink sun umbrellas surrounded the pink water fountain. The line to get into the shop was down the block and not many shoppers came out empty handed. The collection is extremely affordable and certainly will not last long in stores. So make sure to hurry up to the closet Target Sunday morning to get the best pieces.  

Visit our local Target, 40 225th Street, Bronx, NY 10463, between Exterior Street/ W Kingsbridge Road and Broadway. Target is open Sunday 8AM until 11PM.