This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

The One Where They Teach Us Life Lessons

1)Real friends will always have your back. 

2) It is never too late to change who you are!~MONICA

3)It is okay to not have a plan at this very moment.

College is a place to discover your interests and define who you truly are.

4)If you work hard for what you want & have confidence in yourself you can accomplish anything.~RACHEL

5)Communication is essential.

6)No need to take everything in life so seriously~PHOBE

Phoebe has a carefree spirit that she tries to get everyone to adopt. She isn’t afraid to be different and follow her heart.

7)Love your profession and follow your dreams~ROSS

One word: dinosaurs.

8)Never lie on your resume ~ JOEY

9)Money can’t solve all your problems~RACHEL

With all the designer clothes and bags Rachel had in her closet they still couldn’t cure her broken heart in many of the episodes.

10)Always be your own person & not care what others think or say. ~PHOBE

11)Real friends will look past your imperfections & support you during hard times

12)It’s OK to fail.

13)Do not let your fears get in the way of your life/love. ~CHANDLER

14) Look out for your friends and make time for them.

Chandler took care of Joey even when he moved out of their apartment & made sure to still have guy time when he had a gf/married.

15) Know your limit to avoid regretful mistakes 

16)Your past doesn’t define you

17)Family doesn’t need to be blood-related ~ PHOBE

Phoebe brings it to our attention that the people who surround us with unconditional love and care make up our family. She has an unloving twin sister, a mother who committed suside and a father who abandoned her, but never felt alone thanks to her wonderful group of friends.

18)Never give up on your passion

Prime example:Joey went to audition after audition in order to an acting role.

19)Things will happen in life that you didn’t prepare for. Adjust.

20)Your career and your calling are two different things.

21) Let go of the one you love for their happiness~JOEY

He let Rachel move in with Ross when he loved her. 

22)Not to be scared of independence.~RACHEL

23)Dress to impress gives you the confidence you didn’t think you needed~RACHEL

24)Real love & happiness is more important than a money filled perfect life.

Richard was her Monica’s perfect man that could give her any materialistic thing she could imagine. But, she chose Chandler because love keeps us happy not perfection.

25)Let your inner kid live on at times~JOEY

26)Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ~ JANICE

27)It is totally normal to feel down at times. Do not let social media fool you.

28)Learn to say “No”

Dayna McGinley

Manhattan '22

Dayna is an Accounting & Marketing double major. She's an Irish girl who loves everything lilly, beachy & especially pearls!
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!