An Intro to the Lasallian Women and Gender Resource Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

The Lasallian Women and Gender Resource Center is a safe space for the LGBTQ+ community, any race, religion, or gender.  The center opened in October of 2018 to help the Manhattan College community become a safer space for students to express themselves. The goal of the LWGRC is to educate our students on gender issues, sex, and they strive to prevent sexaul assult.

The LWGRC hosts many events, but the most recent one was “ Nomination Night.”

On the evening of March 8th, also International Women’s Day, The Lasallian Women and Gender Resource Center hosted “Nomination Night” for students who help promote activism and feminism around Manhattans campus. The students who attended were gifted with a letter thanking them for their work, a copy of the students bill of rights, pamphlets from the Women and Gender Center and from the Bronx District Attorney’s Office, a transgender awareness week reading list, and a list of national hotlines and websites for multiple types of sexual and gender based issues. If you would also like to be gifted, the LWGRC gives out free lube and condoms to students to help promote safe sex.

To know more about Nomination Night, please read Lauren Schuster’s articles in The Quadrangle titled LWGRC holds “Nomination Night” for Student Leaders. The Lasallian Women and Gender Resource Center is a great way to get involved and to get to know our Manhattan Community. If you are interested in getting involved or have any questions feel free to email them at lasallianwomenandgender@manhattan.edu or visit them in Kelly 3C!

Christina Trichilo is a transfer student at Manhattan College. She is a third year student majoring in psychology, and minoring in women and gender studies. She enjoys reading poetry, a good cup of coffee, and listening to Beyoncé's I Am... Sasha Fierce album.
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!