Style > Fashion

How to Dress like a Real-Life Barbie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

So, just like me and every girl ever, you probably saw the Barbie movie and became obsessed with all shades of pink. Well, you came to the right place if you want to know how you can incorporate your new favorite color into your everyday wardrobe. Her Campus at Manhattan has you covered head to toe in rose to magenta.

The first rule of pink is that all shades work together, so don’t stress about clashing colors or patterns, because who has time to care when you are wearing the best and most trendy color out there?

When getting your Barbie wardrobe together it is all about confidence, sparkles, and accessories. Barbie always has a classy look in the style of what activity she is doing, and since it’s the first weeks of school this Forever 21 Patch Pocket A-Line Mini Skirt with Cider Cropped Light Pink Cardigan is great for studying in the library or getting coffee with your friends. Pair the ‘fit with some Michael Kors Pink Sneakers for some casual campus walking or strut into class with these Blush Platform Loafers.

To hold all your pretty little things, you must get yourself a classy bright pink purse that will most definitely turn heads. Here is a super cute Urban Outfitters Pink Biker Shoulder Bag that is a perfect example of studding a little hot pink to carry all your blush, lip gloss, and eyeshadow to finish the Margot Robbie look.

To match your pretty pink purse you need your nails to compliment. These KISS Pink Coffin “Jelly Baby” Glue Ons from Amazon will complete your feminine ‘fit and make others think you just spent hundreds at the salon. 

An outfit is never finished without the essentials: jewelry, hair clips, and sunglasses. Dress up your outfit with a Kendra Scott Elisa Gold Pendant Necklace in Azalea Illusion and Chunky Gold Hoops from Amazon. If the sun gets too hot put up your hair with any one of these 6 Cute Pink Hair Clips from Amazon and shade the pink haters with these Fuschia Revolve Sunglasses while you relax on the Quad. 

Remember, wear what makes you feel good and happy and if you need a mood boost, pink always is there. Pink understands! 

Angelica is so excited to be the leader of this chapter as Campus Correspondent at Her Campus at Manhattan! Originally from the Jersey Shore, Angelica is a senior at Manhattan College studying communication with a concentration in journalism and a minor in French. Angelica is also Features Editor of the campus newspaper The Quadrangle, Fashion and Beauty Editor of Lotus Magazine, and Secretary of Alpha Pi Phi Sorority. She currently interns at The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in the Brand and Customer Partnerships Department. You can hear Angelica hosting Soundtrack Sunshine, as she DJ’s for Manhattan College’s radio station WRCM. When she finds the time to breathe she likes to go for walks in Van Cortland Park, hang out at An Beal with friends, and watch her roomates dance at the basketball games. Angelica loves to write about anything from her deepest darkest feelings, trendiest clothes on sale, and hot button topics. She loves to share her experiences with all of you and hopes readers can take something from her insight. She encourages anyone with a story to tell to join Her Campus and take a chance on the best girl group in college! Happy reading :)