This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

1. Start your day off on the right foot

Some mornings you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed and don’t want to get up. Trust me, I know how it feels and how difficult it can be to not let that set the tone for the rest of the day. If you ever wake up feeling like this, then try out some of these tips…

• Play your favorite song

• Sip on a hot cup of tea or coffee

• Stretch 

• Do a 5-minute meditation while wearing a face mask

2. Set an intention for your day

It can be especially hard during quarantine to find the motivation to get up out of bed if you have nothing to do or nowhere to be. It is a lot easier to stay curled up in bed with your favorite blanket watching TikToks, but if you want to be more productive, set an intention for the day ahead. Make a to-do list the night before of a new hobby you want to start or workout you want to try. Ask yourself, “What do I want to get out of today?” and make it happen. 

3. Workout 2-3x a week

When it comes to working out, find a workout that you truly enjoy and will look forward to doing. Don’t make working out something that you feel like you have to do; make it something you want to do. Whether you like running, Yoga, HIIT, pilates, or biking, find the workout that is right for you. If you are new to exercising, start off by working out 2-3 times a week and increase from there.

4. Journal everyday

I feel like a lot of people underestimate the power of journaling. Your journal is a safe place for you to write down all of your thoughts and feelings without having to worry about being judged. For me, writing is how I best communicate and allows me to get my thoughts sorted out. If you are not comfortable enough talking to someone about how you’re feeling, journaling is a great first step to opening up. 

5. Do what makes you happy

It might be difficult to do everything that you want to do at the moment because of COVID and social distancing rules, but that should not hold you back from being happy. Create a list of all the things you have always wanted to do and will do once out of quarantine. In the meantime, do something every day, no matter how big or small, that will bring you joy. Go for a walk during sunset, get take-out from your favorite restaurant, or watch your favorite TV show; give yourself something to look forward to every day.

I know we are all ready to go back to our “normal” lives (whatever that means), but take advantage of the time you have with no distractions to solely focus on yourself. You have the power to come out of this a new and improved version of yourself, whatever that may look like to you. That being said, do it for yourself and nobody else. There is no better time than now to become the person you’ve always wanted to be. 

xoxo

Jana Clark

Manhattan '22

Jana Clark is a senior at Manhattan College majoring in Communication with a minor in Environmental Studies. Her passions include writing, photography, and health/nutrition! One day she hopes to work for a nonprofit organization where she can be part of the effort to end the marginalization of vulnerable communities and fight for social justice. You can often find Jana volunteering, at the gym, or exploring different parts of the Big Apple.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!