Wellness

How To Make The Most Of Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

1. Get more sunshine and wake up early

If you start your day off early, you’re obviously going to get more time out of your day. Everyone loves to lie in bed all day and sometimes that’s much needed, but it does not need to be a daily practice. Once you get into the habit of waking up early, you’ll feel even better going throughout your day. 

2. Turn off TikTok (and social media!)

A bad habit that most young men and women have is picking up their phone the moment they wake up. A day should start fresh and not on social media, subconsciously comparing what others are doing to yourself. If you keep yourself off of TikTok and social media throughout your day, you can save yourself so much time that could be spent productively! You’re better off just avoiding the black hole of TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat and so forth all together.

3. Make a checklist

If you start off your day with a physical checklist, you’re more likely to follow through on the tasks at hand. There is no better feeling than checking off everything on your list until it’s finished. Finish your day with a sense of self-pride!

4. Look Good to Feel Good

If you feel good, you’re going to perform even better! It is typical practice to dress up on big exam days because the student typically will grade higher, so why can’t every day be like this?

5. Set time aside for yourself (>5%)

Set aside one hour for yourself a day. One of 24 hours in a day is less than 5 percent of your day. Pick whatever makes your heart full, and do that! 

Ciara Coyle

Manhattan '22

Ciara is a ChemE with a Concentration in Cosmetics in Manhattan College's Class of 2022. She's a millennial pink enthusiast who loves everything shopping and photography!
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!