This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

As a busy college student, your life can become pretty hectic pretty fast. Late nights and early mornings mean less sleep and even less time to get ready. Getting ready quickly and efficiently is definitely a prized skill in campus life. Here are some pro tips to help you get ready fast when you’re low on time or if you hit that snooze button one too many times. 

Pick out an outfit the night before

Nothing is better than already knowing what you’re going to wear so that when you wake up you can just throw it on. This will save an enormous amount of time since trying on and deciding what to wear is what takes up the majority of the morning. By just picking out an outfit the night before your getting-ready process can be cut in half. 

Keep your morning routine simple

Personally, I have 5 things in my morning routine everyday. I keep it very simple, and keep everything that I need in a condensed space that way I’m not running around my room or apartment for each individual step of my morning routine. Besides hygiene aspects of the morning (like brushing your teeth and washing your face), I try to keep my makeup and hair very simple. In doing so, you won’t waste time blending out eye shadows or trying to perfect your braids. That being said, if you have the extra time and are feeling especially good that day, go the extra mile and take a little extra time. 

Don’t waste time

I think just about everyone lays in bed and scrolls Instagram or Twitter before they actually get out of bed. I’m not saying to completely eliminate this, but definitely keep an eye on the time. It’s easy to get lost, especially when your tired and class may be the last place you want to be. If you spend too much time scrolling, you may be rushed in other parts of your morning routine.  

Shower the night before 

Not only does showing at night have great health benefits like helping to relax your body but it will cut your morning routine in half. When I shower at night, I know that I can sleep a little later won’t be rushed in the morning. Plus, I know that I will have a relaxing rest of my night and can take my time with other aspects of my night routine. 

Prioritize your morning

When you’ve only had 3 hours of sleep, the last thing you want to think about is what you need to do in the morning. In these instances, definitely prioritize your morning. If makeup isn’t that important to you, either skip it or lessen it. If your in a rush and can’t do your hair, wear a hat. There are so many ways to modify your morning routine, if you’re really in a time crunch.

Jess Villano

Manhattan '21

Jess is a sophomore at Manhattan College and is majoring in Philosophy with a minor in both Business and French. She enjoys reading, hanging out with her roommates, and traveling.
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!