element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Get In The Christmas Spirit (While You’re Stuck At School)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas here at Manhattan College! If you’re anything like me, you’ve long waited for Christmas music, Christmas movie marathons, fuzzy socks and hot chocolate to be accepted as regular nighttime activities (because who actually has time for those two papers that are due tomorrow?). Sadly though, some people find it difficult to get into the Christmas spirit with papers, projects, and finals looming over their heads. Additionally, not being home to participate in the regular family traditions doesn’t make it any easier. But don’t fear because I have some ways you can get into the Christmas spirit despite finals lurking around the corner!

STEP 1: CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

What says “Christmas” more than the twinkly lights that make neighborhoods come to life in the cold winter months?

STEP 2: CHRISTMAS MOVIES

Best thing about December? All the Christmas movies you could ever dream of are FREE on ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas! (Conveniently located on channel 57 here on campus!)

STEP 3: DECORATIONS 

Now is the time to go crazy with the Christmas overload and let your creative juices flow. People can’t even judge you cause who doesn’t LOVE Christmas decorations?!

STEP 4: WARM DRINKS & FUZZY BLANKETS

Nothing says “Christmas” like cuddling up under a fuzzy blanket and drinking your favorite warm drink out of a cute Christmas mug. Too much? Not at all. 

STEP 5: CHRISTMAS MUSIC

Finally, and possibly the best part of all: CHRISTMAS MUSIC! You can finally unplug your headphones and play your favorite Christmas playlist loud and proud! My favorite this season? Pentatonix: That’s Christmas To Me (Deluxe Edition).

So there you have it: The best ways to make the most out of this holiday season! And don’t forget, as Buddy the Elf says, “the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!”

Senior Public Relations major at Manhattan College. Makeup enthusiast and Netflix junkie.