stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

There are times when things start to pile up. Sometimes we become overwhelmed and stressed out by the pressure were receiving from our family or friends. And at times, this pressure can make us feel deteriorated. When we’re hard on ourselves, it’s hard to be optimistic in any situation, and realize what we need for ourselves. However, to cleanse your mind, it’s important to remember that self-care is the most important thing. Here are some ways to change your mindset:

Stop Overthinking

It’s a known fact that overthinking takes a serious toll on your mental health. Overthinking can leave you only considering negative thoughts. It is important to remember to relax and be simplistic with situations. Sometimes when things aren’t so bad, we can make them seem worse by overthinking. I know when I started letting go, and going with the flow my mind choices started to become much more positive. Remember to trust your instincts, and make decisions that are the best for YOU and only YOU.

Set Habits for Yourself

I know that in college it may be hard to set daily habits with everything that goes on. However, having healthy habits not only helps your mental health but your personal wellness, too. Buy a cute planner and write down everything you have to do for the week. Make a checklist of your goals and when your upcoming exams are. Establish a weekly routine. Plan different things on different days to help your well-being. This could be anything, like going to the gym or a study routine. Over time, these habits will help you develop a positive outlook

Partake in activities that make you genuinely happy

There is always some sort of activity that makes a person light up with joy. Find what that is, if you don’t know what it is yet. Once you start contracting feelings of something you genuinely enjoy, your outlook on life will start to look more positive and appealing.

Colette Barron

Manhattan '23

Hi! I’m Colette and I’m from Long Island NY. I’m a Junior and I’m a communication major with a concentration in public relations with a minor in psychology. I’m interested in fitness, health & wellness, beauty as well as fashion and thrifting! I’m excited to be part of HerCampus at MC! :)
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!