This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Valentine’s day this year will be quite different from the past. Although things are slowly beginning to go back to normal, we must follow important precautions against COVID-19 this February 14. Here are some safe, cute and celebratory ideas for you and your valentine.

Cook Dinner Together

Who says you have to go out to have a great date night? You and your valentine can pick a meal and be chefs for the night in the comfort of your own home. There are tons of recipe ideas on Pinterest, Instagram, etc. Treat yourselves to a fancy beverage of choice and enjoy your DIY dinner date. You could even dress up for the occasion!

Bake Something Valentines Themed

Similar to cooking dinner, baking is such an enjoyable activity to do with your significant other, and there are so many possibilities. Valentine’s day is known for its sweet tooth, so why not make something of your own, baked with ~love~. 

Do A Craft Together

Bring out your creative side this Valentine’s day. You and your S.O. can attempt to draw each other, participate in a paint and sip, make each other cards, or even just print out some coloring pages. Crafting is so much fun, and there’s nothing better than a heartfelt, homemade gift.

Movie Night

Turn your living room into a movie theater for the night. Sit back, relax, and share a jumbo-sized popcorn with your valentine. Streaming services make this option a breeze, there are literally tons of movies at our fingertips these days. Take part in a rom-com marathon, watch a movie you both have never seen, or show each other your personal favorites.  

Virtual Museum Tour

For the artsy couple, this is the perfect date. You both probably miss waltzing the halls of museums together. How perfect is it that you can now do it virtually? Although it won’t feel the same, it is still a fun and unique experience. Some of the world’s most famous museums are now offering online tours, such as the British Museum, the Guggenheim, the National Gallery of Art, Musée d’Orsay, Rijksmuseum, and plenty more. 

Game Night

Get your game on this February 14. Whether it be video games, card games or board games, challenge your valentine to a competitive yet loving tournament. There are also plenty of free smartphone apps that are super fun!

Virtual Concert

Due to the pandemic, many artists have been uploading recordings of their concerts on the internet. Although nothing compares to true live music, attending a concert virtually is still an exciting activity to do with your loved one. 

These V-day options are perfect for any couple or gal group that wants to celebrate indoors this year. In a relationship or not, everyone deserves to have a good time on Valentine’s day. Happy celebrating, ladies.

Ciara O'Leary

Manhattan '22

Senior at Manhattan College pursuing a communications degree with a love for traveling, photography, music, fashion, and writing.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!